A/C EFFICIENCY

The ones I've serviced, the outer cover is held on with a bunch of screws. For a sheet metal worker, it's pretty basic skills. What's your skill level?

Rinsing with a water hose won't do much, the dirt is usually packed in. True cleaning requires the cleaning chemicals that HVAC folks use.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In a dry climate, yes.

However, you'd have the problem of dissolved minerals caking the coils.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks. Nice to hear someone agree with me.

I was thinking of two heat changes. First, the air around the condensor might be cooler. Also, the sun would not be heating the condensor by solar heat.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Think of the children, man!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

None but I can get my brother - he is visiting - can unscrew it for me if necessary or I can get the eletric tool from home depot. I am sick of paying the money (that I don't have) for simple things.

I won't bother trying to do these myself if I am rich. Last place where I lived (a condo), the guy advertised for cheap price for cleaning vent but but when he got to my place, he said I needed to do this and that and so I got him cleaned the coil and what not (I need to keep the air as clean as possible and so I took care of those when I moved in; I had no information what the previosu ownder did thanks to my useless family who did the purchase ), and the next thing I knew, it was over $ 300.00.

He mentioned efficiency of the A/C unit and I agreed to cleanign it and so he did go up the roof to wash that housing but I have no idea whether he just used the wster or not. That was the first time I lived at a non-managed apartment. A freidn of mien laughed saying he carged you "---" for rinsing out with water? Made me feel bad at the time but I wouldn't have the ladder to go up there anyway. May be I can through my upstairs neighbor's place.

At my current place, I have been noticing that my A/C is not stopping once reached the temperature set. Of course, right now, I am heating the house. (BTW, my understanding is that it uses gas while coolign portion used electricity.) So I just stopped it manually by either turning off or adjust temperature to 1 degree lower but then I have to go turn it back on when it gets cold.

Can we buy that same chemicals? Licensing required? I don't know what's in it but I'd be able to handle it safely once I know what's in it. I was a chemist.

Reply to
Amanda

Dos buying the same chemicals require Licensing?

Reply to
Amanda

Reply to
Michael B