A/C brands

I need to replace the a/c (actually, a heat pump) for the house. Which = manufacturers make which brands? Are all the brands available in the US = made in the US?

Thanks,

Jean

Reply to
Jean

manufacturers make which brands? Are all the brands available in the US made in the US?

Google is your friend. Have you tried it?

Reply to
LouB

Why not ask vendors or suppliers where you live? What is normal in Florida may be different in Oregon.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

manufacturers make which brands? Are all the brands available in the US made in the US?

They are all made in Indonesia....worthless. I wouldnt buy any of them. Just build a bon-fire in your living room and you will be good to go. For cooling, just sit on a big block of ice. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

You didn't mention what area you live in. You could check the yellow pages for your area and see what the most prevalent brands are where you live. I there are a lot of dealers for a particular brand, you could get a good deal and be assured that there are plenty of folks around who could service your unit. I've sold inexpensive systems and I've sold expensive top of the line with all the bells and whistles gear. It all boils down to whether it's installed correctly and properly maintained. Even an inexpensive system will outlast the expensive stuff if it's properly cleaned and maintained when the high dollar system is not taken care of. You should clean a heat pump twice a year.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

manufacturers make which brands? Are all the brands available in the US made in the US?

I would suggest first finding a local installer first. They will have local knowledge of what brands and models perform will in your area. Since they are likely to be the ones to service it as well, they will likely have parts available, which may not be the case of you have chosen a unit not commonly used in your area.

If you don't trust them to help you pick out the brand and specific unit, then they should not be installing it. A good tech will take a look at what you have and consider making changes to improve the system.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe