A/C

Saturday I'm having out A/C (Heat pump) checked out. I'd like to blow the guys mind and ask him some specific questions. The unit is on the roof so I have never seen it.
Suggestions?
The unit works fine I just want to make sure it's running efficiently.
It must be an air transfer heat pump if it is on the roof. Just ask him to check the condensor coils and evaporator coils and air filters to make sure they are clean. Also check fan belt tension for proper airflow through the evaporator coils and perhaps check the condensor fans to make sure they are working. Also grease any fan bearings or oil if it is the case and they aren't sealed. Also oil or grease any motor ebaring that aren't sealed variety. Once all of that is good to go then an amp test on the compressor and a pressure check on the lowside and high side are done that is it for preventative maintenance...from there if it doesn't work properly it is a repair diagnostic and troubleshoot plus repair... It may also have electric heater coils that kick in if the temp gets to cold to enhance the heatpump functions..he can manually test the coils if need be. If nothing is borken you are looking at 2 hours labor tops or he is screwing you.
candice
Good information. In Arizona I see strories on the news about A/C rip offs. It's always good to be prepared. Would I be asking to much to have the guy take a picture of the unit?

On 08 Jul 2003 08:38:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (CLSSM00X7) wrote:

Even the esl folks can use real terms for equipment.

cost you a blower wheel, shaft, and bearings by the time you tell your service man about it). Or it will just send grease and oil all over your evap coil ( chemical cleaning will then be required)

and at a different moment in time you will get a different amp reading.

watch as he tears the system apart looking for a non-existant leak!

the roof access. He could spend 2hrs setting up a "proper" ladder and ensuring his personal safety!!
Pol-cat
ROTFLMAO!
Jim