A Bit Of Embarrassment For Our Wonderful Governor!

I hope with 16 contenders (and growing) that there is a better choice...

Reply to
bob_villa

Anyone smart enough to be President and run the country properly is smart enough not to go under the scrutiny involved.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Besides reflecting on Walker, it also shows the problems with the kind of programs typically championed by libs. Whenever you have govt making business decisions, deciding which companies to give special loans or investment to, picking winners and losers, it almost always leads to problems, corruption, economic inefficiencies, cronyism, etc.

Reply to
trader_4

When I was a kid, we had elected representatives. We, the people ran the country.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Per Stormin Mormon:

That was before the Viet-Nam war, right?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per Robert Green:

I would propose that one of the qualifications be that the nominee does not want to be president. Truman, Ford.... pretty good presidents by the historians' accounts I've heard... neither wanted it. Powell did not seem to want it that badly - and I would have voted for him partially for that reason.

Same with cops. If I were hiring, a guy would lose points for "always having wanted to be a police officer".... I'd favor the guys who just want a job.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Powell would have made a pretty good President, I think. He was quite astute when he warned that our excursions into Iraq carried long-term danger. He said, simply "You break it, you own it."

My sister the judge says the problem with a lot of cops is that they took the job not to be public servants, but to be able to drive really fast and carry a gun.

Reply to
Robert Green

"The major problem--one of the major problems, for there are several--one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them. To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." ? Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

You must have lived in a different country than I.

Reply to
rbowman

...one can only hope.

Reply to
bob_villa

Either that, or the war of northern agression. I'd have to check my old school books.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think that we should have congressional term limits. Congress has gone from being a collection of representatives to a ruling aristocracy. After 20 years in congress, I don't think that they're out of touch with reality.

Reply to
Pavel314

I used to have a mostly positive opinion about Powell too, until he endorsed and supported Obama. No one really knew what Powell's political beliefs were, many thought he was a Republican, but that sure defined them.

Reply to
trader_4

If you think he's your man...

bob_villa

Give him a few days... Scott "Flip-Flop" Walker will have a different answer NEXT time he's asked!

Reply to
Don Y

ker-championed-32599565

...minus one A-hole! ( ?- ?? ?-)