A 40' mototorhome parked above sewer line

Before we park this huge house-on-wheels on the property I'd like some input on whether the ancient sewer pipes would be at risk or not. The house is over 100 yrs old, 75' of clay sewer line to the street, dirt/ gravel driveway. I'm guessing the motorhome weighs over 25,000 pounds. It seems risky to me, but hey, what do I know. It's possible to park the thing elsewhere on the property, but it would still have to cross over the sewer at some point. Any and all comments or advice are welcome! Thank you. ( And I won't whine this time no matter when or if anyone responds! ) Kayle
A friends 40 foot motor coach ruined a homes sewer line where he was visiting.
I wouldnt go anywhere near your line, or since you have the bucks for a coach:) Have the sewer line replaced in advance
In the interim you could probably have some big theick steel plates put over the sewer area to protect it.
Myself i wouldnt risk it with old lines
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. Guess we'll figure something else out. It's not our motor home, by the way. Hoping to do a favor and make a few bucks in storage fees. Trade-off certainly doesn't seem to be a good one, though. Thanks again!

If you broke the lines, it would give you the chance to save all your sewage, instead of letting it get away down that pipe. Sounds like win-win to me.

A 40' coach could be twice that weight or more...spec's on one manufacturer's site shows the attached. This vehicle has a tag axle that increases capacity as is 41' instead of 40', but even reducing weight rating by the 10,000# it is rated for GVW is 36,000#. Of course, it's possible your not that far off knowing more on what yours is, but just a word of caution...
As for the sewer line, unless it's buried very deeply and in well- compacted soil, you're asking for trouble, I expect. Plus, what else is there that could also be damaged? Sounds like a better plan for parking/storage is needed. At a minimum, as Haller suggests, you would need some skid plates to spread the load. They would need to be substantial, to the point you'll have to have help getting them where they need to go...
Floorplans     2007 EXDP 4103 App. Overall Length     40'11" App. Overall Width     101.5" .... Wheelbase     248"+TAG Front GAWR*     16,600 lb. Rear GAWR*     20,000 lb. TAG GAWR     10,000 lb. GVWR*      46,000 lb. GCWR* 61,000 lb. App. UVW     37,750 lb.
GAWR: Gross Axle Weight Rating is the maximum permissible weight for an axle.
GVWR: Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is the maximum permissible weight for a fully loaded motor coach.
GCWR: Gross Combination Weight Rating is the value specified by the manufacturer of the vehicle as the maximum allowable loaded weight of this motor coach and any towed trailer or towed vehicle.
UVW: Unloaded Vehicle Weight is the weight of this motor coach as built at the factory with full fuel, engine oil and coolants. The UVW does not include cargo, fresh water, LP gas or dealer-installed accessories.
dpb wrote:

Yep, you're exactly right. We're finding out the weight is over 36,000#'s. This is turning into a 'no-go' real fast! Thank you so much for the great info. Kayle

If it were YOURS a substantial driveway pad over a new sewer line would work..
To makje a few bucks forget it complete loser:(
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I agree! Oh well, onward and upward! Thanks for you time.