Patio steps

I need to build wooden steps from sliding patio doors into the concrete patio. The doors are 6' wide and 2' above the patio level, which is about 2' from the house.

Can anyone point me to online links with plans and pictures how to do this?

Reply to
ls02

General framing, stair building is what you are looking for. Loes and Home Depsot should have books on framing that will include stairs. You can also buy pre-cut PT stair stringers so that all you have to do is put on the treads. But they may or may not match your vertical requirement. If not you will need to cut your own stringers. That is about the hardest part of stair building.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

First thing you want to do is check the codes for what size landing is needed at the top. I know with a swinging door it is 36", but may vary with a slider.

You can probably buy the stringers at a home store. They are easily cut if you know how, but can be a real PITA if you've never done them before.

You can find instructions here

Ed Pawlowski

Reply to
bobarchitect39