(OT) Lost in Space in the Endeavor forever

If things go as planned, the space shuttle Endeavor will be launched into space on Monday May 16, 2011. What they are not taking into account is that the world is scheduled to end on May 21, 2011 which has been well documented recently. While these astronauts are doing their thing in space, the Earth will be destroyed, leaving no place for these astronauts to return. These astronauts may be the only survivors from planet Earth, but where will they go? They will just be lost in space forever. Endlessly floating in space with no future. Their food, water, and oxygen supplies will run out, and they too will die, yet their bodies will continue to float around in space forever, unable to decompose due to the lack of bacteria and oxygen required for decomposition. In the end, their bodies will be preserved for all eternity, with no one left to observe them or study them in the future.

Judgement day is almost here. You might have big plans for your home, but it's time to concentrate on your future home now. Planet Earth will be destroyed and none of your home and yard projects will matter. If having a few more days of life are important to you, get yourself on the Endeavor...... if you can.

There are a few advantages to all of this. Gas prices will no longer be a problem, we wont have to listen to any future campaign speeches, plus war and global warming will no longer be a concern.

Reply to
average.family.man

Ha-ha, that's a funny one! I was driving home from an earlier unsuccessful attempt to see Endeavor fly on April 29th and saw these "May 21st" billboards all along I-95 and thought to myself: how did they pay for the billboards? Did they approach Clear Channel (or whoever runs billboards in FL) and say:"we need a space but we only need it until noon May 21st,

2011. What's the prorated cost?"

Anyway, what a limited world view! *THE WORLD* comes to an end and yet there is still something Endeavor can orbit around?

------------------------------------- /\_/\ ((@v@)) NIGHT ():::() OWL VV-VV

Reply to
DA

Nah, "just bill us".

I suppose that depends on what "comes to an end" means. I can wait a week to find out.

Reply to
krw

Never was.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

Well....... If we miss this one, there is another end of days scheduled in December of next year.

RonB

Reply to
RonB
[snip]

I don't really know either. I was never into that sort of mythology.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

No more JWs knocking on my door. Where is the downside?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

You really have a problem with the US. You're like a Southerner who relives the Civil War and hopes for a different outcome. Yes, the UK used to be the greatest nation on Earth...but it isn't any longer. Get over it! BTW, we don't have better friends than the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. They are like distant relatives to me.

Reply to
Bob Villa

Thass raht...nevah was ... to people with their head up their ***. People who don't give a rat's *** about the futures of their children and grandchildren.

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Back in the 70's it was Global Cooling that had the Junk Science crowd yapping and demanding action by the various governments. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Just heard on NPR the farmers in the Midwest are concerned about the colder than normal spring. Oh yeah, it has to get colder before it gets hotter, or something like that.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

Some serious cites, please...

Sigh. None of you seems to have done any research on the actual process of Global Warming. There is plenty of solid science available, so you don't have to go grabbing on isolated bits of information to justify your own apathy and unwillingness to work for a better future for your progeny.

It is precisely the nature of the Global Warming process that produces disruptions in the normal climate patterns of any area.

Ex: In my area we are (for the first time in the 'n' years I have been observing it) having anomalous weather patterns. Just as the"farmers in the Midwest" quote are said to be experiencing.

But a smart-ass comment like "Oh, yeah, it has to get colder before it gets hotter..." only exposes your own ignorance. Hope your children and grandchildren will appreciate your sarcasm and lack of concern when their world becomes less comfortable than your own.

You dismiss the science that has been endorsed by 99-44/100 of SERIOUS scientists -- not the hired guns put out there by fronts for Big Oil like the George Marshall Institute (for just one). These are the same guys who successfully managed to retard such established science as Acid Rain, Tobacco health dangers, Ozone hole, etc. Anything that might interfere with their patrons' lust for even more money.

Louis XV of France said it best: "Apres moi, le deluge".

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Do I need to remind you at this point it is still a theory?

Jim

Reply to
JimT

LOL, pictures of melting ice caps and glaciers is,,, theory?

-C-

Reply to
Country

There are other glaciers that are actually growing. BTW: The debate is: Is GW caused by humans? Warming is accepted. We've been coming out of an ice age for centuries.

Jim

Reply to
JimT

No problem now that the Rapture will be happening this Saturday, anyway.

-C-

Reply to
Country

Maybe it's all tied in together. I was thinking, what if the melting ice caps are throwing the earth out of balance?

Jim

Reply to
JimT

I heard that the planet already wobbles on it's orbit. What if it is the ice that is already throwing it out of balance and losing the ice will put the planet back in balance?

Still, it won't take care of the planet's Bi-Polar problem tho.

-C-

Reply to
Country

In Stormin's case, he remembers aerosol cans because they keep calling him and hanging up when he answers the phone. He knows it's them because gas cans don't have phones.

-C-

Reply to
Country

It started wobbling more recently. Airports have to adjust more often to align with true north. The earth is a top with weights on both ends. Lose the weights and it goes out of control. Supposed to happen on Saturday.

Jim

Reply to
JimT