Fkex Seal Liquid Rubber spray ???

Has anyone tried this product? I happened to see a commercial on the TV this morning. It looks promising if it does what they say.

commercial video is by the two cans near the bottom. This is not spam. I have nothing to do with the company. But I could use it in my gutters that have resisted any leakage stops with caulk, especially a small leaky joint in a gutter above my sunroom roof whose drips on the roof below sound like a metronome after a rain.

Reply to
willshak

I have no experience with the spray product. I have used elastomeric paint and would highly recommend it. Sticks well, very flexible, worked out well on metal panels with pin holes.

Your best cure on the gutter would be to open the lap, clean the lap, use Butyl Rubber caulk. NO SILICONE.

Reply to
DanG

Can't help you with that product, but have you tried uber-cleaning the inside of the gutter and using one of the gutter repair tapes? Some of them have an aluminum layer on top - those will last the longest. If the gutter is meticulously cleaned beforehand - think repeated cleanings and ending up with an alcohol wipe - the odds are high for a long lasting repair with those tapes.

RicodJour

Can't help you with that product, but have you tried uber-cleaning the inside of the gutter and using one of the gutter repair tapes? Some of them have an aluminum layer on top - those will last the longest. If the gutter is meticulously cleaned beforehand - think repeated cleanings and ending up with an alcohol wipe - the odds are high for a long lasting repair with those tapes.

RicodJour

There is special caulk for gutters. It works very well.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Willshack,

I know this is going to be viewed as spam - but i wanted to make you aware of a product that will fix your problems. AquaGuard Liquid Rubber is waterbased, non-toxic with zero VOCs. In addition, it is UV Stable - so it will last for 10+ years in your gutters.

I hope this helps.

@RubberRick

Reply to
rubberrick

Silicone is VERY difficult to use properly. The only silicone product that I will use is Dow Corning, especially the 795 formula. It requires special primers depending on the substrates involved. Homeowner installations that I have to deal with never stuck to at least one of the surfaces and the stuff cannot be painted. I can already hear all the DIY folks telling about all the wonderful things they have done with silicone and the tricks they have used to get paint to float on top of it. I can show you failure after failure and serious damage caused by its failure.

There are two caulks that I will use in addition to the Dow Corning 795 - polyurethane and Titebond metal roof formula. Trimco, NP1, Sikaseal, and Vulkem are good brands in the polyurethanes. Titebond metal roof is great stuff.

Reply to
DanG

YES, the product works great. I use it all the time and love it. Shake the can well, spray in an even sweeping motion, let it dry completely and do it again. i like to put on 2 or 3 coats. Once its dry you can paint it any color. Believe it or not this is one As Seen on TV product that actually works!

Reply to
westonhandyman