Fiberglass door warp

Ok, after reading about all the goodness of fiberglass doors and how they do not dent or warp, I bought a set of double doors. During our first winter, one of the doors warped - the top edge bends inwards leaving a gap for the cold wind to blow in.

I want people to know that you will NOT get any support from a local company called Classic Openings. The old man was convinced there was something else wrong and was not helpful AT ALL. So I contacted Therma- Tru directly. They sent a professional to check the door and determined that it was indeed a defective door. 8 months later, Thermo-Tru sends a replacement door -- to Classic Openings. These people calls me up, tell me to take off my old door and go into the store to swap out with the new one. They actually suggested I put up a plastic cover. The original doors that I bought were delivered, however for this replacement I need to do all the work.

Basically just want to let folks know:

1) fiberglass doors can warp 2) therma-tru was somewhat supportive 3) Classic Openings in Irving, TX has NO concept of customer support. You are on your own.
Reply to
tommytrans

Remove lockset, remove hinge pins and doors. Bring to dealer get new doors and replace. No biggie.

Reply to
bigjim

I have one Thermo-Tru fiberglass door. No warpage but the glass is leaking. I plan to change it out to a Pella door when I put in a sunroom so I haven't bothered complaining to Thermo=Tru.

Reply to
Art

1) you had a truck 2) you some replacement door to cover the opening or some coverage 3) you can take the glass off and put on the new door without damage

The whole point is product support. I paid for the original doors, paid for original delivery, why do I have to go through all this?

especially when I was mislead --- FIBERGLASS DOORS CAN WARP AND BOW.

Reply to
tommytrans

The whole point is NOT how am I going to resolve this issue.

It is to let people know fiberglass doors can warp despite all you read and hear from the salesman about how these doors are flawless. I can't speak of other manufacturers, but I know Therma-Tru figerglass doors can warp/bow. Also want to let folks know about the lack of support from Classic Openings, IF they are in this local area and are thinking of doing business with this company.

Reply to
tommytrans

responding to

Jackelch wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

This Tommy Tran guy is just a big cry baby. He or his people installed the new doors perhaps a little out-of-square. Our people looked at the installation and Therma-Tru looked at it. Everyone said that he should re-install the doors plumb and square. He insisted that the door itself was warped. Eventually, after many months of his h arranging, bordering on harassment, and possibly libel and slander, Therma-Tru decided to provide a replacement door just to shut him up. Because he or his agents had installed his doors, we offered him the replacement as a swap-out, one for the other, as his purchase was essentially cash and carry, though he did pay for the doors to be delivered. He felt that we should send personnel out to his home and swap out the door, hardware, and door lite at no charge, and guarantee that the new door would work better than the one he already had in the out-of-plumb and out-of-square door frame. We offered to swap out the door, hinges, hardware and door light at our published service call rates, with no such guarantee, but he refused that offer. Instead he decided to bad mouth our company, the manufacturer, and any and everyone else, in just about any forum he could. If you are any type of merchant, service company, manufacturer, or anyone dealing with the public, please be forewarned that you can never satisfy a Tommy Tran - the cry-baby, who has little to no mechanical ability whatsoever and any vendor is always perceived to be the guilty party who owes him curb-service to fix the problems he himself created.

Reply to
Jackelch

You've learned an important lesson: When a customer rises up in righteous indignation, there is NOTHING that can be done to mollify him.

Reply to
HeyBub