Broken bollard

So I have some concrete bollards lining my driveway and some idiot delivery man hit one backing out and it has broken. Is there an easier way to remove/replace it than breaking it up?

-------------------------------------

Reply to
bobarchitect39

If the damage is minimal, you could try drilling some holes into the cracks and inject some epoxy, then parge and paint.

As far as removing them, that depends on their size and whether/how they are reinforced.

RicodJour

WTF is a bollard ?????

Reply to
tailowner

those posts sticking up out of the ground to keep truck drivers (or really inattentive four-wheelers) from running into more expensive stuff or going where they're not supposed to be.

nate

Reply to
N8N

bobarchitect39 wrote the following:

Contact the delivery Co. for replacement?

Reply to
willshak

Eventually someone was going to post this. It might as well be me. :-)

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

They're pretty strong.

RicodJour

Good one!

Reply to
Oren

There were a bunch of related bollard car-destroying videos on YouTube. I see those spike strips at parking garages to keep you from entering the wrong (free) way. With those you'd just need some new tires. With the pop up bollards you'd need a new car.

It's funny, but the people trying to run them _knew_ they were there - you could tell from how they accelerated to try and get by them. I guess someone will only do that once, eh?

RicodJour

What they need in front of some of those pawn shops in Las Vegas, eh, Oren?

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

Maybe at hospitals?

A wife went in Valley Hospital the other day, spent the night with him. shot her husband and then herself. Shortly after 5 AM.

The big stink now is guns. Those things SCOTUS says I can have. Yeepee!

Reply to
Oren

responding to

bobarchitect39 wrote: Haha I love those videos! Unfortunately my bollards are not quite so strong... I will likely just have to replace them with the assistance of the manufacturer.

Reply to
bobarchitect39