Brick stain removal

Hello group,

I recently moved into a new construction home, and have an issue with dirt-stained bricks. During the building process, when it rained (no grass at that time), the rain splashed up the dirt onto the bricks. The result is a band of reddish dirt stain about 18-24" high from the grassline going up the exterior bricks.

I've been told (by the contractor) that there really isn't much that can be done to remove the stain, without damaging the bricks themselves. He said that the sun would eventually "bleach" the stain out, which I am somewhat skeptical of. Spraying down with a regular hose had no effect. I've been told to NOT attempt using a pressure washer on it.

Any ideas on a cleaning agent or method to remove this rather unsightly reddish clay/dirt stain from the bricks? Thanks very much for advice.

Reply to
Roland Deschain

YOu'd have better luck staining the rest of the wall to match. (Or feathering out the stain)

Reply to
Goedjn

might try cleaning a tiny spot with TSP or muriatic acid but I would leave it be and hope it goes away

Reply to
hallerb

Here is a sight with a few ideas......

knowing what the stain is....iron...manganese or ??? it would be hard to help with a specific answer....good luck...Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

I don't know what the stain is, other than reddish clay/dirt, as I said. Thanks for the link.

RD

Reply to
Roland Deschain

You might look at the technical reports at

Art

Thank you for that link. I got some ideas from there that I will try. I appreciate the help.

RD

Reply to
Roland Deschain

responding to

oraclexml wrote: Hello!

i have the exact same situation--beige brick with red dirt/clay stains some 18 to 24 inches up.

Did you find a way to remove the stain? Does anyone have any suggestions?

I would greatly appreciate ideas!

Thank you.

Roland Descha> Hello group,

Reply to