Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Power Point
harry wrote in news:aaaf6359-938c-4b7a-aada- You need to start with smaller images. By smaller, I mean the file-size of each picture needs to be made smaller. Each picture will add to the size of the...
15
15

OT. Cat fight.
That was really weird. I guess the white cat was too close to a nest, but having the black one show up was unfortunate timing.
1
1

(OT) What are those Square Smart phone things?
Everywhere I look lately I see these square boxes that are filled with a bunch of dots and three of the corners have small boxes in them. I had no idea what they were until eating at Taco Bell, and...
26
26

Fluorescent troubleshooting
I have 3 identical fluorescent fixtures in the garage about 15 years old, 2 bulb 4' rapid start. A clue to their usage is that none of them had had any bulbs changed in their life. One of the units...
36
36

Misidentified firearm causes panic response
"?On March 14, a Vineland [New Jersey] Municipal Utility meter reader was reading meters near the Winslow School and St. Isidore?s day care in Vineland. The meter reader was using an automated...
10
10

OT You-couldn't-make-it-up
Full sized replica of Titanic to be built. (By Australian in China) AOL - News, Politics, Sports, Mail & Latest Headlines - AOL.com
4
4

OT: Type-B vent elbows
Dumb question, a bit curious. Went to HD and examined one of those adjustable type-B vent elbows. Why is it - for the lack of a better term - "hemmed" on one end? I thought the purpose of the air...

Someone correct me if I’m wrong
You mean there are some that *don't* have a record?? :)
11
11

"Your wire or your life!"
"Philadelphia police are searching for two suspects in the stabbings of a pair of security guards at a Home Depot Wednesday afternoon. Investigators say the suspects were trying to steal copper wire."...
16
16

Help identify sink drain pipe connection?
I'm planning on connecting the drain of a newly installed sink and I know I need the tail pipe and p trap but I need to connect to the existing drain pipe. The house was built in the northeast US in...
14
14

Adjustable posts for my porch
I have a 3 Season Porch 15' x 12' with a gable roof. It is supported by 3 lalley columns under the main carrying beam. I put in 3 more footings at the extreme corners and one in the middle for extra...
8
8

Push Mower Engine Blowout - Is it toast?
Hi folks - well, I don't know much about small engines, but my assumption is that my engine just blew and is a goner - but would like some backup on my plan to move on to buy a new one: Its a 6HP...
22
22

Electric Range Elemenet Voltage Question ?
Hello, Have the typical electric kitchen Range; Whirlpool model of a few years in age. Questions: - Is 220 V (or 110 ?) applied directly to the top elements via the rheostat ? - With the Rheostat...
6
6

Briggs & Stratton moving some production to China
"...Briggs & Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be moved to China."
27
27

OT Survey
The log house which my wife wound up with after her mother died - and into which we have been pouring money, lo, these many months - is now ready to sell or rent. Given the market, it is most likely...
43
43