Subject Author Posted Replies

How to know a picnic is a success?
Tonight I'm going to a church picnic. I'm thinking in my mind, how will I know if the picnic is a success for me? I think I'll be looking for: * Get to chat with other folks from church. * Someone...
16
16

After market car window tint
Hi, My kid's car was purchased second hand and it came with the tinted windows. One day cop gave him a warning for it being too dark which is cause for ticket. Anyone has an experience removing this...
37
37

What can ice blockage in plumbing supply lines damage?
What did they do to help? Preventing it being inaccurate. So, it was spot on? What does HUD stand for, in Sydney? Not Housing Urban Development? Do you have a pet kangaroo? Christopher A. Young Learn...
5
5

Propane OPD tank question
With a "new" OPD propane tank. If a person were to connect a propane line to the tank, tip it upside down, and open the valve. Would that deliver liquid propane to the appliance? Christopher A. Young...
23
23

What is this inground pool wall actually made up of (gray, blue, white)
In another thread, I was advised to acid wash my pool walls to remove what appears to be crystalline calcium deposits - but - I stopped after doing only one section because of finding no plaster in a...
2
2

(OT) Source for Small VHS Tapes
I bought an older camcorder at a garage sale, for $3. Aside from having a weak battery, it appears to work fine when plugged in directly to the power unit. But it needs these small VHS tapes, which I...
9
9

exchanging washer and dryers between homes
Before I check around, any idea what I should expect to pay to exchange side by side washer and dryers ( including uninstalling hoses and reinstalling them after the exchange) between homes which are...
5
5

How much electricity does my refrigerator use?
Refrigerators are a big chunk of home energy use In most homes the refrigerator is the second-largest user of electricity (13.7%), right after the air conditioner (16%). (Dept. of Energy) With most...
10
10

OT?: Hail damage and State Farm settlement
Little brick bungalow in large midwest US city, detached garage. Scraped and shingled about 05-1996. Big hail storm. I spring a little leak in each structure. Have State Farm adjuster out, he walks...
14
14

Locksmith magazines, what to do?
I'm trying to clean house. Have bout a two foot thick stack of locksmith magazines, from 1975 forward. How does one put these in good hands, only to a practicing locksmith? Christopher A. Young Learn...
3
3

hvac
My goodman furnace/ air has been having unusual delays, on days where I switch between heat and air. The thermostat seems ok, at least I can hear the relay switch, sometime waiting a couple minutes. I...
5
5

OT: Company Creates Real Lightsaber!!!!
May the force be with you: Company now selling real lightsabers Tweet In a very smart marketing move, a tech company has announced a realish, working lightsaber, perfect timing, considering this is...
2
2

Windows -- why vinyl?
John Albert wrote in news:4faa7bc0$0$2733$ vinyl does not conduct heat as well as aluminum,so vinyl window frames will have a higher R rating. maybe lighter,too,so easier to raise and lower.
31
31

secondary a/c drain pan in attic
I did an inspection after it was supposedly serviced by ARS (5 yr old house in around Houston, Texas). I found there was a "tiny" amount of water in the secondary drain pan. It was not deep enough to...