Subject Author Posted Replies

OT going overboard
I think I heard on MSNBC that in 2018 25 people fell overboard from cruise ships and in 2019, 29 people did. (And one did a day or two ago off the coast of Mexico.) This settles it. If I take a...
14
14

OT. Dollar Coins (newest version)
I got a couple dollar coins from the local Burger King yesterday. The cashier apologized for not having paper dollars. It has been years since I've seen them or the old half dollar coins. I had to...
10
10

What size bead blaster bazooka for sealing tire beads?
I'm gonna buy me for Christmas a bead blaster bazooka so that I no longer need to fumble with the larger new tires that won't seat all that well. But I need to figure out which size bead blaster...
18
18

Keeping Hose Bibs from Freezing in Winter?
This question is about how to properly insulate an keep from freezing, outside water spigots, or hose bibs. My daughter's home is at 4,000' and it snows occasionally from December through February,...
35
35

How to refill washer transmission?
I turned my washing machine face down and then found the replacement belt I planned to use is not the one I bought online 2 years ago**. And none exist at any price in Baltimore. So ordering one is...

OT grid outages - power return alerts
After years of asking my neighbour to phone me when the grid power came back on - after an outage - < I was on genny power > I finally bought a noisy power-bak device for my panel. It's great. What is...
18
18

Handleset and door thickness
My wife wants to replace our existing door hardware and I tracked down the parts to these: 85350.056.LFD These specify 1.75" door thickness, I have 1 5/8. Can I use these? Any special installation...
3
3

what is a semi loaded brake caliper rebuild
I never did brakes but my dual piston front brake caliper boots are torn. Calling parts suppliers tells me I have two economical choices. One is a $50 "semi loaded" rebuilt caliper (with $50 core...
21
21

OT A&W failure!
A&W failure: always a conceivable way around a problem. A third-pound hamburger is better than a quarter-pound hamburger, right? Get more bang for your buck!
7
7

How does this shower stall work?
How does this work: It's a shower stall with a seat and grab bars. Do these things come preattached, or do they install the stall and then look for studs to mount the seat and grab bars too. I can't...
10
10

Re: I have an antique thick walled cooking pot I make my English Toffee in
No Michael, he wants us to be impressed that he has the money toss away a perfectly good power tool. That Dremel will clean anything in this Universe. The only 'problem' is that it requires a bit of...

220 -> 12 volt transformer used on 110 V
I have a few used isolating transformers that converts 220 volt to 12 volt. They are quite heavy, about 25 oz a piece. I guess there is a lot of copper inside. It's similar to this item: Can't believe...
6
6

Splicing wires in rear hatchback door wiring harness snorkel loom
Debugged about half of sixteen wires in the tightly wrapped rear hatchback door wiring harness snorkel loom as broken at the exact same point for each. Harness is too much work and expense to replace...
11
11

OT. California Truck Pollution Rules
California will want truckers just passing through to meet California emission rules. The rule will apply to vehicles seven tons and up. <> SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Forget speeding tickets —...
15
15

OT correlation?
OT Discussion on the radio about how to store gun so your kid doesn't take it to school and kill people. I wonder if anyone has correlated those who leave their gun where their kid can find it with...
12
12