Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Define "putter"
When I say I'm going to 'putter' at home, it usually means that I have no real plan, but will begin by picking up the shop, or cleaning off the workbench, or do a little lawn work, and get led to...
24
24

Hot idle speed oscillating
My 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse (DSM 1G 2L non-turbo) is starts and idles = cold fine, and runs fine warmed up. When warm and I put it in neutral = (AT) the idle oscillates between 1800 and 2200 with about...
14
14

A/C drain line plugged, what to clear it with?
The condensation drip drain line for my central A/C appears to be plugged again, with whatever it is that grows is such places and resembles clear jelly. A few years back I installed a coupling and...
55
55

How quickly does a rat die in a typical rat trap
I hate to kill them - but I have to. Do they die quickly when the big rat traps spring? I'm not talking the little mouse traps - but the larger classic Victor rat traps.
39
39

OT: Credit Card With International Support
Hi, We will be moving out of the US later this year (Costa Rica and Ecuador and wherever else our whim take us). Our current Mastercard does not have overseas coverage. Can we get recommendations of...
8
8

Long Term Storage of Lithium-Ion Batteries
I guess I can't resist a sale on tools. I didn't need another drill but I just bought a Bosch drill kit from Menards that included the drill, charger and two Lithium Ion batteries for $99. In addition...
7
7

Environmental friendly is the need
We are the manufacturer of plastic packaging for flexible packaging company. Our vacuum packaging bags is also used for cosmetic packaging supplies. Our biodegradable bags are used for coffee bags....

New Homelite Trimmer Won't Start
This has been used only a few times. Today it wouldn't start. Followed the instructions carefully and even tried spraying quikstart into the carburetor. Never fired, not even once. I'm usually pretty...
42
42

Wasted kitchen space - how to recover it?
I'm having new countertops installed and once the old ones were removed I see a good deal of wasted space. The tops (granite) are already templated and cut and ready to install tomorrow so it's too...
23
23

Water pipe for yard - PVC OK for city water to yard?
I need to replace the pipes to outdoor faucets in my yard. I have metal pipe running from meter to house. I have a T already in place in this pipe. I want to: 1) Put a valve at the T so I can shut off...
9
9

PVC Compression coupling - suitable for outdoor water pipe, and life span?
While I was digging up my water pipes, I came across a PVC compression coupling that was used to connect two metal pipes together. How suitable is this? This is in the main water line that goes into...
7
7

OT Drone wars.
The only real drone here is you harry.
14
14

Samsung front loading dryer - drum not turning
My wife turned on the dryer thi morning, and the drum was not turning, but all else seems to be in order. It is, of course, out of warranty. The background is that yesterday she heard something...
7
7

Zapping NiCads
I never had luck at maintaing operating voltage. If you don't run down the cells much, you might get by. They will try to go back to the shorted condition. I would say keep them on charge, but that is...
7
7

How Well Do On Demand Point Of Use Water Heaters Work?
Hi, How well do on demand point of use water heaters work? I've seen both mini-tank and tankless listed. They are not cheap but might be nice where hot water must travel a distance. This site lists...
7
7