Subject Author Posted Replies

Write a card day
Every day is "write a card" day. If your car runs, write a thank you to the repair garage. If your roof is dry, thank the roofer. So few people say thank you, these days. And, if you're a believer,...
3
3

Inflation and home repair
I saw a post, or two about shrinking food packages. The pound of spaghetti is now 13 ounces, the 44 cookie Oreos are now 39. With shrinking packs and price hikes, it's going to get a lot harder to do...
26
26

Detecting a Draft
My office is in a cubicle. There is a draft on the back of my neck. The only vent in my cube or within 5 feet of it are closed. The walls on the cube are 8 feet tall. I've tried a cigarette lighter,...
18
18

washer and dryer swap dilemna
I have an old Maytag heavy duty dryer (about 14+ years old) and Whirlpool washer (about 3.5 yrs old, model WTW57ESVW0), and so far they work great. I got the Whirlpool based on the recommendation of...
7
7

How to Fix leaks in plastic shed roofing
clean and repair crack with epoxy or bondo automotive body filler. try calling shed manufacturer for advice. could cover the entire roof with glued down rubber roofing
2
2

Interior paints
Not to start a war on which interior paint is better, but which brand do you like best? Looking @ wall paints & trim paints. Would like something washable, maybe a pearl like paint (semi-gloss?)....
29
29

Electrician in New york, landscape lighting Nyc
A New York electrician can repair or replace circuit breakers, cables, fuses, switches or almost any electronic and electrical parts found around your house or
8
8

Jackshaft Garage Door Opener - Has Anybody Seen One In Action?
Has anybody seen a Jackshaft Garage Door Opener in action? No motor, chain or bar on ceiling. It mounts on the wall and connects directly to the torsion bar. Interesting.
4
4

should I be concerned?
I noticed now on two toilets when I replaced the guts, that the water supply shut off valve below the toilet didn't completely shut off the water. I'd say it shut it off like 99.8% so you could see a...
14
14

Sealing cabin
What kind of a cabin, home guy will trash talk you for not telling us that.
3
3

Garage Door Stopped Opening/Replugged Worked Again
I have an old Genie 98 Garage Door opener. It had a repair earlier in the = year and the worker said it could last years or go out in a month-- you jus= t don't know. In the last month it just...
7
7

Removing Old Latex Paint from Concrete Floor
I have used paint stripper on floor paint:( NOTE ITS VERY SLIPPERY. you might try a pressure washer sounds like your paint isnt very well adhered...
9
9

Two barrels, linked at bottom by a hose, with different water heights?
It's too long since I took physics but I thought that the height would be equal. One is an actual rainbarrel, with faucet already installed: paid a lot less than that but still more than a barrel...
36
36

Special O-ring for gas grill regulator?
I have a gas grill that goes through an O-ring about once a year. If you look closely at this picture you can see an O-ring where the connector screws into the regulator. once a year this O-ring get...
4
4

25cc Flashlight
Video