Subject Author Posted Replies

Cash offer on your house
Have you seen the TV ads where some realtors are offering to buy you house? No showings, no fix up, no stress. Seems like an easy fast sale so could be a good idea. Well, , , I had a call yesterday...
18
18

Federal Housing Subsidies
This is an editorial about Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. "Should the government subsidize buying houses that cost $1.2 million? The answer is obviously no. But the government is going to do it anyway...
30
30

OT. Ultimate Pick?
I've watched the show American Pickers a few times. A couple guys drive around looking for junk that's resalable. They haggle with the owner for stuff to take to their store to resell. Someone bought...

Filling gaps around windows
My neighbors recently had new windows installed and when the installers were done I noticed 3/16 - 1/4" gaps behind the window moulding to the walls. I have used painters caulk to fill gaps like 1/16...
17
17

OT - overcast with almost no wind. Wind and solar not doing much.
GPs don't know anything. Read about glandular fever, which is a type of viral infection that mostly affects young adults. Find out what the symptoms are, what you can do to treat it yourself and when...
2
2

syringes with needles, indirectly related to HR.
Home repair, sort of. Finally got the belt for my washing machine. It was lying down for almost a week, and that's bad as someone here told me, and so did the guy at the belt store. There are 960...
17
17

F type compression connectors for Coax RG6
Looking to buy some more compression connectors, what I have been using is the RG6 compression connectors by Ideal and a Kline compression tool that I got off the shelf at Home-depot. I look at these...
2
2

500 gallon propane tank
Did you ever buy & install a 500 gallon above ground propane tank? Over 10 years, if it's filled four times a year, the captive cost is about: $60/month rental over 10 years = $7,200 4 fills/year at...
7
7

OT. Inflation. Families lose $3500
in purchasing power compared to last year. <> Part of the article: "On Wednesday, the Penn Wharton Budget Model ? a nonpartisan public policy research initiative at the University of Pennsylvania?s...
40
40

Germany expels diplomats - then what?
Germany just expelled x number of Russian diplomats. In retaliation, Russia expelled x number of German diplomats. The total count of diplomats went down by x in each country. Now what? The news never...

B(OH)3 boric acid to kill the queen ant
Do you mix Boric Acid [B(OH)3]with something to kill the queen ant? What?
1
1

No Natural Gas in NYC
Building projects submitted for approval after 2023 or 2027 need to use other sources. The timing depends on building height. <> The measure will go into effect at the end of 2023 for some buildings...
1
1

Zappp!!!
This is labeled as indoor/outdoor. But no real covers on the holes. Won't rain get in though capillary action, at the least. Would it trip when it rains? GFCI Outlet - Constructed with premium...
6
6

OT Lost my credit card last Thursday
Lost my credit card last Thursday, noticed it when I tried to buy something on Friday. Figured it was in my car or home, periodic looking, no good. No emails about it being used. Sunday night I...
8
8

OT going overboard
I think I heard on MSNBC that in 2018 25 people fell overboard from cruise ships and in 2019, 29 people did. (And one did a day or two ago off the coast of Mexico.) This settles it. If I take a...
14
14