Subject Author Posted Replies

One Texan's solution to "Smart" electric meters
(Spoiler: The solution involves a gun.) News video
1
1

Garage slab joint leak
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 | Run a garden hose gently against the upper back wall to simulate a rainstorm and see what happens. Filling the crack with more tar won't help if the rain gets into the crack...
2
2

How do I get rid of ants?
Ant traps would be one of my first lines of defense. There are various spray insecticides and powders if you know where the nests are. This time of year, insects are in full bloom. I mix a liquid...
27
27

Ouch! cracked Plasma TV front glass
Hi, Any one experienced this? Accident occurred(falling object off the wall) hit the glass and cracked it making spider web. Picture is still normal. When I called two TV repair shops I was told, not...
53
53

Another refrigerator question
The recent refrigerator thread has inspired me to ask about our recent problems too. This is a GE side-by-side unit with icemaker and digital temp set/display on the front panel, purchased 13 months...
24
24

OT - comfortable work shoes
The work shoes I got at Payless Shoes lasted less than a year. The first couple weeks, they were comfortable, and like walking on thickly padded high quality carpet. Now, they are uncomfortable to...
53
53

Driveway Sealcoating Question: Hot Or Cold ?
Hello, For a typical home driveway, when one hires a contractor to put a "Sealcoat" on it, is the sealcoat usually applied hot or just at normal temperature ? The person we hired says it's applied...
3
3

OT: JONAH FALCON'S 9-INCHER LEAVES TSA AGENTS BEFUDDLED
Jonah Falcon is used to delays at airport security. After all, he has the world's largest penis?9 inches flaccid and 13.5 inches at full staff. So his frisking at San Francisco International Airport...
1
1

AC Capacitor
Just a curiosity question. Seems like every year and a half to two years I have to have the capacitor replaced on the outside part of my central AC. Is this normal? I mean, do capacitors normally wear...
12
12

Wax Ring for Toilet
I have to remove a toilet. It's the first time I've done it. How do I know which wax ring to buy at Lowes? Any tips to keep me out of trouble?
9
9

Portable A/C units
Can anyone think of why all portable air conditioning units come with an air intake hose? I mean why would I hook up air conditioning only to haul in hot outside air?
10
10

Deadbolt Inner Knob Guard
I've googled around but couldn't find what I wanted so I though somebody he= re might know the answer. My front door has a single-tumbler deadbolt, that= is, with just a knob inside for unlocking it....
7
7

What size beam to span 14'
I am planning to build a porch roof attached to the back of my house. It will have a trussed roof. The room will be 14' x 14'. I plan to support this with one end attached to the house and the other...
22
22

Sears Garage Door Opener Codes Very Old 2 Buttome Style
Hi all Does anyone know howto change the code on a very old Sears garage door opener. It is the super old style where you have to press 2 buttons on the transmitter to open or close it. Has to be...
3
3

Best way to wire an outdoor box
I'm referring to this kind of electrical box. wiring one of these waterproof outdoor boxes on a wall, I've found that it's not possible to use the traditional methods. What I mean is that when the box...
36
36