Subject Author Posted Replies

No inside access to ground floor in Outer Banks, NC vacation home?
So here I am vacationing on the Outer Banks, NC in a rental house. Don't hate me! ;-) Typical of most houses in the area, it is built up on 6 x 6 posts to protect the living area against flooding....
14
14

OT White lists and email
Here is a workable idea, if I could just convince Gmail to try it. When you sign up for an email address you can have the option of using a permission only email address. You always have the option of...
13
13

Things to do before leaving for vacation
Well, first pick a destination... Oops! Things to do to your HOME before leaving for vacation, from Popular Mechanics: I have a question: If I leave my Houston home in August, should I still put...
27
27

string trimmer carb adjustment tool
I have a sears string trimmer (25cc-17" Model# 358.791010 california model-= arrrrgh!) that seems to be running a bit lean and the mixture adjustment s= crews are of a splined type. Is there one kind...

What is the Exhaust control for on Air Conditioner?
It's an older Westinghouse window A.C. Besides the temperature control, HI - LOW - OFF and Automatic Fan controls, it has this lever that says Exhaust OPEN - CLOSED. With the front panel removed, I...
6
6

Larger animals in the attic
Nope, it's not mice or rats this time. It's large animals that make the whole house vibrate when they walk around. I called in the pros, and they said that whatever was in my attic was larger than...

Old home intercom.
I have a home intercom in a two story condo from 1963. The intercom has three built in wall units that were=20 installed at the time of construction. One unit is outside next to the front door and...
14
14

Sagging Door Grand Finale'
Happy to report that the sagging door that consumed so much bandwidth is indeed repaired: weeks to repair. Now all done. :-) Details on request. Many thanks to DerbyDad03, dadiOH, some others, and...
5
5

Echo, the company that makes grass trimmers
Using Adobe reader to read one of their trimmer's owners manual. Using Accessibility (ctrl+k) to change Document Color Options. This is the first document that shows text and pictures correctly while...
3
3

OT and other news
Woman accidentally swallows knife ? Again A 30-year-old woman with a history of bulimia presented to the emergency department after swallowing a knife. She inserted the knife into the posterior...
6
6

Farm tractor rampage
They may nail his ass to the jail wall for a long time, but I bet he had fun doing it. Probably had/has a cheering section too.
12
12

OT - crooks phoning me
Related to the telemarketers, I just got the second call in 2 weeks that I had won $2.5 million from Publishers Central Clearing House. FYI, I got his number so I could call him back: 1-876-881-0225...
12
12

Callin' the Haul-Away guys...
Hello all - I'm in Western Connecticut. I have a bunch of junk appliances (and other items) that I need to get rid of. Nearby, there is a privately-run (but city sponsored) recycling center that...
20
20

Is a generator to supply 'almost' all the power worth it?
Utilities go down. Is it worth it to get a generator to supply almost all the power to your home? like 10kW or 20kW. and if so, which one and how much? Or just stick with a 2kW, or so and time...
25
25

Electrical - Is this legal to code?
Electrical - Is this legal to code? I dug a trench from the garage to a toolshed, and put about 30 feet of 12-2 UF cable underground to the shed. Before filling the trench, I decided that maybe it...
49
49