Subject Author Posted Replies

New toilet technology after 150 years of waste
uses microwave energy to transform human waste into electricity. Another captures urine and uses it for flushing. And still another turns excrement into charcoal. Read more:

Pls help identify invading bugs
Hi, I went away for the weekend (the AC was turned off and it got hot) and came back to find a bunch of dead bugs on the floor under a window. The window has a metal frame that looks a bit rotten but...
13
13

Mysterious Kitchen Sink Slow Drain
My kitchen sink was draining slowly. I tried Liquid Plumr and it didn't wor= k. I rented an electric drain opener with a 25 foot auger - the auger went = in all the way and came back bone dry and...
17
17

Limited trim options for using shallow hi-hats
I am making use of my attic space for storage and I am putting down a plywood floor. The joists are 2X6. I have some hi-hats in my bedroom in which the can sticks up above the attic floor. I can cut...
2
2

Electrical wire "requirements" for central air unit...
Was poking around my basement looking for paths to run new electrical wire/circuits when I traced the wire for my central air. 2 things struck me as odd: First is there appears to be about 40 feet...
20
20

Faster blower for furnace/AC?
A friend has a house with two gas furnaces and AC. The downstairs one is OK, the upstairs which is based in the attic is very marginal at best. The biggest problem is that there is not enough air...
17
17

OT: Compressor maintenance/access Q?
I have a new Porter-Cable C2002-WK 150psi 6 gal pancake compressor. The regulator knob seems to be immovable. There is also not much to grab so I am trying to remove the regulator cover. I cannot get...
1
1

Pre paid phones
I would like to get a phone for emergency and short important calls. Any agreement on what the cheapest cost option is?
25
25

How do I repair small ding in drywall PROPERLY?
handle of vacuum wand fell over and made small ding in drywall, right below a light switch - so very obvious. Reapired by filling with joint compound, sanding flat, and painting with Dunn-Edwards high...
21
21

headlamp as light source for repair project
Seems like when I'm under a sink, etc., I always need a small light and never have a free hand. Holding a small LED flashlight in the mouth works, but isn't ideal. Would a small headlamp be an...
21
21

Department of Defense to "encourage" its vendors to speed up purchases of lamb, pork and beef and freeze it for later use
One of the more bizzaro pieces of news regarding how your US gov't operates. What a crock of shit your US economy has become. "The president will also direct the Department of Defense to "encourage"...
9
9

HUMOR: Repairing front-loader's door catch
Pic https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/3/BNVsHflEUkqFO0D-ilnC7w2.jpg

DIY: Build a Onager Catapult
It's really toy-sized, but it could be scaled up to fling, oh, say, a Volkswagen. From Popular Mechanics
10
10

OT vacation advice
I thought this was (is) profound. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . Lesson one, you'll always forget something Lesson two, sunburn hurts Lesson three, there is a lot of wood in a tree...
14
14

OT: Tadpoles
I have a 400 gal 'pond' for a waterhole for the critters on my property. I can't keep the damn frogs from fornicating in it and loading the pond with hundreds of tadpoles. With them comes nasty pond...
11
11