Subject Author Posted Replies

Send your kids to college -> where they play with toys
Send your kids to college -> where they play with toy$: =============== Bid Opportunity Information: Bid Number: 32129514 Bid Title: Radio-Controlled Quadrocopter Bid Notes: Clemson is seeking offers...
5
5

What do you call this, where do you find it?
What do you call this, where do you find it? I need to buy the kind of thermostat used to turn on a car's radiator fan (or at least an electric swtich that will close at 120^ F or higher) , and I also...
17
17

Roof vents
I had my shingles replaced recently by a roofer. Since that time I've been hearing clicks at night, some soft, medium and really loud. I've located the sources, two roof vents. One for the bathroom...
21
21

Garbage Disposal Electrical Problem/Question
Garbage disposer failed and original diagnosis (mine) revealed no power to = the top-half of outlet that both the GD and dishwasher plug into; the dishw= asher worked fine. So, I replaced the outlet,...
6
6

White thinset
I recently had need to remove some Saltillo tile along the outside edge of a concrete slab. The tile had been there for 15 years and had been mortared in place with standard, grey thinset. Much - but...
2
2

propane cooker fuel connector confusion
Using (someone else's) turkey cooker: where the fuel hose connects to the cooker, it has a brass 'collar nut'. This has a tapered end, as if it's supposed to seat and seal. There is a smaller tube...
5
5

Toshiba tv troubleshoot
It may very well be a component overheating. I've had similar problems with other TVs. Chances are, the cost of repair is going to be half the cost of a new TV, a real LED flat screen with a much...
5
5

How to make a spray bottle that works in any orientation
4
4

Can I pick my kid's MASTER combination lock to re-use them
My teen has a half dozen of the classic MASTER combination locks which I'd like to re-use for my PE for my grade schooler, yet the teen doesn't remember the combination to any of the padlocks. They're...
59
59

Evaporator coil orientation question
I have a client with a horizontal flow air-handler that has his A-frame eva= porator with the air flow coming from the head of the A. The A-frame evapor= ator has been installed on its side (imagine...
15
15

Getting insulation; they want chimney blocked
Hi, Newbie here. I need some advice. I'm getting cavity wall insulation and loft insulation installed by a company on one of them grant schemes. However they've said they can only do it if our chimney...
5
5

ceiling fan wiring
Hello, I want to replace a ceiling light fixture with a ceiling fan and have a que= stion about the wiring. The light is controlled by 2 3-way switches, meani= ng I can turn on the light from 2 sides...
11
11

Hiding places
a wall outlet box with a telephone jack cover is a pretty good one. http://www.scribd.com/doc/8401774/The-Construction-of-Secret-Hiding-Places
118
118

Slightly OT: How to test trailer leaf springs
Is there a way for me to test the leaf springs on this trailer? You know, something like the old "shock test" on cars - step on the bumper. any more than 1.5 bounces and you needed shocks. seems to...
24
24

Recommendations for mold/mildew additives for deck stain???
My white cedar deck is under some very large oak trees. Even though I've scrubbed, bleached, washed and restained this deck, by this time every year the surface is black. This year I'm planning on...
4
4