Subject Author Posted Replies

Wall Cladding
Initially cumaru was used in combination with ipe. However, when it emerged in the furniture market as an individual wood for furniture making, it was used in the air-dried form. However, in this...

Slide in gas range with custom granite counter tops
Hi, We are getting our countertops and cabinets replaced and upgrading to grani= te. My wife likes the custom edge called ogee. I like that look too. When I got home from the store after ordering our...
10
10

Which leg from the center tap is it? (Electrical)
When power is sent to a home it comes in as 240v split by the center tap of the pole transformer, giving 120v on either side. Is there any way to determine which side of the center tap a particular...
30
30

Where to get official Army Green paint
If a person wants the actual "official" army green paint, where can someone buy the stuff? I'm quite sure that any paint store has a similar color, but I'd like to get the "real thing". Anyone know?
15
15

Hanging Sliding Doors
One thing to watch out for is the sliding door you may have installed in the back of the house. Sometimes people mount these backward with the sliding part facing outward rather than inward. When you...
7
7

When You're Screwing...
The other day when I was doing a handyman thing for a friend, she wondered why I was holding an ice pick. She was a little unnerved by it, actually. Well, I keep an old-fashioned ice pick in my...
14
14

OT, soldiers carrying loaded weapsons.
OT, soldiers carrying loaded weapons. In the past 2 or 3 days, American troops in Afghanistan have been ordered to carry loaded weapons at all times while on base , What would the previous situiation...
19
19

Can you get a prepaid phone with GPS
After looking at countless phones, the only thing I have managed to do is eliminate Page Plus. I am told that, although it does do Georgia, the service is poor. It is a shame too. I was sold on the 12...
26
26

OT: Update on printers
Following the longish thread on printers, perhaps some will be interested in the latest news: "Attempting to improve profitability and further shift toward laser printers, Lexmark disclosed plans on...
36
36

Where can someone buy Outdoor phone wire
I'm on a farm, and have a landline in the house. I want to run a phone line to my workshop, which is around 270 feet. The phone company wants a fortune to run it underground. Rather than pay for this,...
56
56

OT question about photo websites and private photos
I do surveillance video/photo editing for a friend of mine. Often, they want many photos taken from captured videos and/or photos cleaned up then resubmitted to them. The main problem is getting the...
60
60

Linseed oil danger
Linseed oil and rags -- need to dispose properly. you'll need home repair. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . 9 News anchor Brendan Keefe examines how dangerous linseed oil can be if not...
22
22

How do I patch a hole in the stucco?
The patch is to plug/cover a through-hole originally cut to accomodate a stove top vent. The contractor put the wrong wall cap cover, in the wrong place! I mounted the correct one in the correct...
19
19

exterior wood filler?
I have a 2x wall plate, whose edge should be flush with the studs. Sad to say, it's 1/8 to 1/4" back from them. Is there some sort of filler to bring it up flush, before nailing the sheathing to the...
5
5

European loophole for bulb ban
"But there could be hope for those wanting to keep using the incandescent variety ? as retailers have found a loophole which allows them to get around the new rules. The EU directive banning the 40W...
31
31