Subject Author Posted Replies

House for sale. Neighbor is an a**hole
4

Wifi network names
I was walking on a walk track furnished by the local hospital. Part of the track goes behind some Apartment building. There were a list of wifi passwords. One of them was "neighbors suck"
53
53

Door bell question
Steve, You can operate the clanging bell off of AC or DC. Probably down to 6 V or maybe less. What you might have to do is adjust it to work on a lower voltage by adjusting the points that open when...
7
7

Semi-OT - CBO: Electric cars are not cost-effective
"At current vehicle and energy prices, the lifetime costs to consumers of an electric vehicle are generally higher than those of a conventional vehicle or traditional hybrid vehicle of similar size...
60
60

leaking boiler - replace with high efficiency unit?
(Note - also posted to alt.hvac) I have a hot water system in my home with the old fashioned cast iron radia= tors, currently heated by a Peerless gas fired boiler dating to 1980. It a= ppears to be...
7
7

strap antenna mast to chimney ??
I am looking at putting up a Digital TV antenna on the outside of the house Because the outside is brick, I can only see 2 solutions for the mast 1) Tripod base on roof 2) Strap mast to brick chimney...
26
26

seal between asphalt driveway and foundation?
Our driveway runs along the (limestone) foundation wall. The driveway has an asphalt top, over a 'hard' base which I'm guessing is a gravel/cement mix. In one area, there's a ~1/2" gap where it abuts...
4
4

Which is better
Hi guys, I'm new here, but i already have a question bugging my mind. I just want to ask what should I use for banister, should I use steel or wood? Would really appreciate your help.
9
9

No Layaway at Home Depot
I went to Home Depot to buy a new blade for my circular saw. The one that I need costs $12.99. I can not afford to pay off the whole thing for 2 or 3 months, and need to make payments. I asked them to...
19
19

Is a junction box behind clear acrylic considered concealed?
Let's say I need to extend some wires that run in the joist space below a crawl space attic above a bathroom. The crawl space has 1 x 4 flooring. I know I can't simply remove the floor boards, install...
37
37

Question about Mikata table saw guide
I have a Mikata table saw. About a year ago i had to remove the guard in or= der to make a cut. I re installed the guard and hadn't used thar saw since.= Today, I turned it on and saw sparks....
7
7

New Drywall Ceiling, Old Plaster Walls - Caulk Instead Of Tape?
My son lives in a rental house with a few of his buddies. It's not quite Animal House, but there are similarities. The landlord is really cheap and the house is pretty run down. Due to a roof leak,...
10
10

Painting mess
Soaked my brushes in brush cleaner. I've had to do this dozens of times b/4. This time, apparently I did not clean the brush cleaner out well enough from the brush. Forward to now. Put a second coat...
4
4

The new postal worker
If the USPS could have figured out some way to have Chinese, Indian and Filipino workers do the job, they would be doing it and we would be in real trouble. I've gotten my mail as late as 7:30PM on...
16
16

Wall mounted occupancy sensor
I am looking for a wall mounted occupancy sensor to control the lights in the hallway in our home. There are three switches (two 3-way and one 4-way) that control these lights. I want to replace only...
2
2