Subject Author Posted Replies

You seen one bag of mortar, seen'em all??
Looking to patch up my stone walls, between stones. Was at HD today, must be a half-dozen or more types of mortar -- or, iiuc, "sandmix". Is there any type/brand particularly good for patching stone...
10
10

High Efficiency Furnace
An out-of-town friend has a two-story condo with an old gas, forced-air fur= nace in a pantry off the kitchen. She wants to replace it with a high effic= iency furnace, taking her from 80% efficiency...
58
58

Just HOW does one clean a paint brush?
This is crazy! In our home we moved into there was left over 2.5 gal of Dunne Edwards Exterior/Interior flat the construction peole used everywhere on the interior of our home. Needless to say, it has...
42
42

Battery devices, carry spare batteries
When using a battery powered device, it's important to have a set of replacement batteries at hand. My digicam and minimag both take two AA cells, so I've got spares there. I've had moments when the...
10
10

Lake County (FL) considers 'trash-cams' at school cafeterias
Wow. Good thing the US is not currently experiencing a crushing recession and is not trillions of dollars in debt. Good thing you can afford to install cameras on garbage bins and hire people to watch...
4
4

prevent electrical plug from wobbling loose?
My friend is a hair dresser and her hair clipper's electrical plug is coming loose in the wall outlet. The outlet is about 4 feet off the ground, so the clipper's cord comes out of the outlet, drops...
84
84

mending cracked tubing on manual blood pressure cuff
I have a long-used manual blood pressure cuff. This is the kind with a rubb= er tube running from the air bladder to the gauge and with another tube run= ning from the hand bulb pump to the air...
33
33

Your new home can make you sick!
"[Klamath Falls, Ore] Within days of moving in this past summer, Beth Hankins, an ER nurse, started experiencing breathing problems. Then Jonathan got migraine-like headaches and nosebleeds. By the...
2
2

Cost to repair BB hole damages in stucco wall?
Any licensed contractors out there that can give me an idea of what repairing 6 holes made by BB's straight into rough texture stucco would cost? Pattern is inside less than 6 inch diameter circle,...
4
4

OT, A Link From The Same Place As Game: Match The States On A Map
This one is very interesting if you'd like to know where your cousins are concentrated. ^_^ may be surprised where your surname has been. ^_^ TDD http://worldnames.publicprofiler.org/Main.aspx

air conditioners
I have a 6-yr. old Trane air conditioner. Last year I had a problem with i= t and spent over $1000 - replaceing the coolant in it. I think the same th= ing is happening again and I am reluctant to...
21
21

Decking Material
Hello, Thinking of redoing my Deck with possibly TREX, or just pressure treated wood. a. Are there different quality levels (and/or Brands) for the usual pressure treated wood you see e.g., at HD ? b....
11
11

How to cut a 4" round hole in soffit - no hole saw.
I need to cut a 4" round hole in a soffit, from underneath, while standing on a ladder. The soffit is not horizontal, it slants upward from the gutter towards the house. We may have some access to the...
52
52

Gravel in Downspout
We have a poorly designed downspout that has a 12-inch horizontal section that begins about 8-inches down from the roof; the 12-inch section appears to be welded at both ends We've noticed rainwater...
4
4

Small light cordless drill with light
I want to buy a small, light, cordless drill with LED lights that shine on what I am drilling or screwing. I think I want one with a lithium battery. Can anyone recommend a good model? I will be using...
24
24