Subject Author Posted Replies

OT neighbor
Hello everyone. My husband used to post here, before he passed several years ago. I used to enjoy reading this forum along side of him in the evenings. I have a "what would you do" question. My...
101
101

Follow-up on San Antonio school student RFID tracking
Follow-up on San Antonio school student tracking NBC News had a segment Sunday evening on the school we discussed several days ago that is using RFID tracking. I was wrong. Sorry. They do track the...

fuel cans
Doing a little cleaning out garage. Took all fuel cans outside. Looked at bottoms of old metal kerosene dans, decided to put some rust converter on. I was filling up various polyethylene cans, with...
20
20

Misleading TV Ads
For the past few weeks I've been seeing TV ads for a Bell and Howell "Iscope" Which I agree looks like it really could be a handy tool to have around the house or workshop. But, what gets to me is...
29
29

I didn't need the 4" Hole Saw after all
Some of you may remember my post about looking for an alternative to a 4? hole saw for an exhaust vent. One of the main concerns was trying to cut the hole on a slanted soffit while standing on a...
7
7

Why are farmhouse sinks so popular?
A week or so ago I decided I would check out some of the open houses in the neighborhood. I only went to the most expensive houses. Each of the four had a recently redone kitchen. Each had a single...
5
5

Impact drivers drive screws? <doh>
Yes indeedy.... I couldn't figger out the functional diff between the drill/driver and the impact driver I bought was initially going to query the groups on this, but then I found inneresting review...
6
6

Replacing damaged kitchen cabinet doors
The two kitchen cabinet doors under the sink have become quite damaged from water over the years, probably beyond easy repair. Are there any companies or contractors who could replace them with a...
20
20

Rotten Porch Post
I hope someone can provide some guidance. I went to decorate my porch and found one of the wooden posts is rotten at the bottom. I have scraped out the rotten wood and I am now unsure what to do. My...
19
19

working with pure acetone in the home
question, I own a home and just started renting a room out to a friend. I= have been helping him sell some gadgets online (he makes them himself). h= e purchased hard plastic tubing to make the items...
38
38

Schedule 80 Pipe Leaks on Copper Joins for Well Water Treatment System?
We have experienced catastrophic/basement flooding leaks using Schedule 80 = piping on our well water treatment system 3 different times now, even thoug= h the plumbing was installed by two different...
11
11

Sliding glass doors
I have a 6 foot sliding glass door assembly as one of the entries into my h= obby area. I need to bring in some bigger equipment and am wanting to know= if the fixed glass part of the assembly (3 feet...
10
10

An old memory about High Voltage
From another thread in another group reminded me of something that happened to us at Blue Ridge Mountain when I was around 10. (Some 45 years ago) We were camping. We found a huge manhole cover so,...
18
18

Detroit homeowner forced to share place with squatter
Heidi Peterson says she returned to her house after living away for a year to find an uninvited houseguest, Missionary-Tracey Elaine Blair. The squatter says it was abandoned, and now Peterson must go...
34
34

Motorola H700 bluetooth earpiece dissassembly instructions (Jeff L?)
Anyone have pictures of how to open the Motorola H700 bluetooth earpiece? Googling, I found a "JeffL" picture of the opened earpiece over here: I found written instructions (but no pictures) over here...
4
4