Subject Author Posted Replies

cordless battery packs
My NiCad battery pack has a diode between the negative terminal & center terminal (not +) for some type sensing while on the charger. Does anyone know what type diodes are usually used - gp, zener,...
2
2

Hurricane Supply Kit
If you can't get cell reception, move to high ground and you may be able to reach towers that are in working condition. the National Hurricane Center and the American Red Cross have developed specific...
45
45

OT: BluRay and Cable Box
Sort of off topic; I'm trying to repair something in my home, but it's an e= lectronic hookup. If anyone knows of a more appropriate place to post, plea= se let me know. Since the regulars on this...
4
4

Miele vacuum cleaner hose repair?
Anyone know if it is possible to take the hose out of a Miele vacuum cleane= r please? Mine has developed a hole in the flexible plastic at the very end= . If it can be taken out, I could just shave a...
14
14

100% insulation
No amount of insulation is enough. But there is a solution. Fill your entire house with insulation. Just get a insulation blower, stick it in one of the rooms, and pump it until the whole house is...

OT - Funny Response From Time Warner Cable Regarding Modem
I received a postcard from Time Warner Cable today informing me that as of November 1, I can either pay $3.95 per month to lease my modem from them or I can purchase my own. I started a chat session...
29
29

Help accessing front gardent to park
Hello everyone, Please Please help. I need to find a quick and effeicient way to overcoming the problem of accessing my front garden so that I can park on it (plan to use grass pavers in future). As...
1
1

Dryer Trips Breaker...Except When it Doesn't
Alright, I'm at a loss. When I vent my dryer to the outside it takes 2 - 3 cycles to dry a load of clothes. I assume the duct is clogged or partially clogged and will get HVAC guy to come out and take...
54
54

Black Mold Infected Downspout Threads in Bathtub - Advice Please!
I recently moved to condo that had black specks around drain in bathtub. I= determined it was Black Mold. It was so bad I decided to replace the whole= drain. After removing the drain I noticed the...
10
10

Plywood over attic insulation - ventilation concerns?
I'm looking to put plywood down to create more storage space in my attic, b= ut can't seem to find a straight answer on ventilation concerns. I have an = older home - 1940's - 2x6 joists with pink...
8
8

"Quick Release" plywood panel
I have a vertical piece of plywood (about 1/3 sheet) bolted onto a wood fra= me structure. There is storage behind the panel, but to access it I need t= o remove all of the bolts before removing the...
33
33

OT? My WOP Cousins Are Out Of Their Freaking Minds
Seven Italians convicted of manslaughter for not sounding alarm about deadly 2009 earthquake. This has got to be the goofiest criminal prosecution I've read about in a long time. O_o
7
7

OT: Ebay Search
I have need of doing some complex searches on Ebay, and can't find any good reference material for executing the searches. The Ebay doc sucks an egg, and it looks like the screens are constantly...
2
2

Magic Jack Plus
12
12

Job to do Home Repairs
The job creators have had 10 years of tax breaks to create jobs, where are all these jobs? Make em get off their money, or tax the hell out of them. Everyone was supposed to sacrifice, why is the...
2
2