Subject Author Posted Replies

insulating concrete wall & ceiling in cold cellar
I'm considering using some sort of rigid insulation on the inside walls and ceiling of my cold cellar, which is under the front porch - presently bare poured concrete. I don't wish to frame & finish...
4
4

Smell from stack pipe in flat
Hi, I live on the first floor of a 6 storey block of flats. For months now, there has been a bad smell coming from the stack pipe - the smell fills the whole flat, but it does appear to be coming from...
7
7

OT except t hey relate to my honme: Spam surveys
OT Surveys. I've gotten 4 different survey requests in the last four days, Vaccine, several from Ace hardware or other "offers" from them, and from two other alleged companies. Is this the new trend?
1
1

GE dryer igniter, etc
Whats most often on these to cause no heat? Im hearing igniter from other users. 1992 DDG model never a problem til now. Rather fix one or two parts than replace machine. Good ge machines that year....
5
5

VERY red sky in UK, from Galapagos volcano?
I just saw the reddest ever sky this evening, when I went outside it was like walking into a room containing only red lightbulbs. Every object around me was red. The only reason I can find for this is...
28
28

Cars should cut out if they run out of vital fluids!
Slight difference, no engine in an aircraft means falling out of the sky, no engine in a car means slowing to a stop. Just how much further do you think you can drive when your engine is overheating?...
2
2

Re: Toilet chain rusts and breaks
I have the same problem. I have been in my home 33 years and only over the past 5-7 years have I had this problem. I have bought solid brass chain it corrodes through. I then bought galvanized wire...
9
9

Westinghouse Mobilair Air Conditioner
how can I identify the btu and capacity of an old Westinghouse air conditioner which is installed in my window and is at least 15 or more years old
2
2

Streets are unsafe
Good article explaining why our streets are unsafe from the automobile. The last paragraph offers a simple but effective solution Before the stop sign was invented, many lives were lost, but Detroit...
6
6

Unexpected success, repairing a range hood fan
The range hood fan stopped coming on. All it would do is hum. I put off working on it, we don't fry much, but I don't like it nagging at me. The websites were mixed on how hard it was, and whether I...
4
4

Hire a General Contractor, or...?
I need new siding and new windows. Should I hire a general contractor, or just have the windows done first, then hire a siding contractor? Or ???
7
7

Cause of Uneven spin on LG WM3431HS (2023 Update)
A repair man came out to check uneven spin on an LG WM3431HS and showed me some broken screws securing the M101 cover of the heater elements/blower motor to the drum. Sears Parts direct SAYS they can...
7
7

Accurate used car ad
Seldom do you see an honest ad for used cars. This is a good one.
2
2

Furnace overheating
We've had the technician out twice, and still no answer. We have a 4 year old two stage high efficiency furnace and it keeps overheating as soon as it hits the high-heat stage...so every 10 minutes...
4
4

Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING?
Amazon, shipping AND HANDLING? Since when is there an additional charge for handling. The two together are 13.08. When I choose free shipping, they take off 5.99, but that still leaves $7.09. NEVER...
33
33