92% efficent furnace question

Got my new furnace with air yesterday and got wondering, should there be any screens over the air in or exhaust out lines.
my combustion air in is just a stub of a pipe going in, the exhaust has a elbow pointing down.
when cutting grass today I saw a wasp checking out the pipes, and got concerned a nest of something unpleasant could move in:(

It would certainly be a good common sense thing to make it hard for critters to take up residence. It would only take a moment to install a metal wire screen safety plug. To be sure the system won't be affected by such a small impediment, ask your installer. HTH
Joe
I'd try it. Make something that slips on with screen and rubber bands, so you can pull them off later if needed. The official answer I've heard is not to screen or cover. Cause the humid exhaust freezes on screens, and blocks the exhaust.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus