Subject Author Posted Replies

Your home AC prep for somer
It seems that every once awhile some uniform prospective buyers are giving wrong information on efficiency of Air Condition systems. Let me inject piece of my mind on efficiency of any Refrigeration...
28
28

Installing Leviton Whole House Surge Protector
Looking to clarify some points re: installing a Leviton 51110 whole house surge protector from Home Depot. The surge protector has four leads - two black, one green, one white. 1. From what I...
17
17

Is this door adjustable?
You can try loosening those screws and seeing if you can then adjust the door in/out or up/down. It used to be that things like that were adjustable. Lately they make things cheap and you can't do...
5
5

OT: home cold remedies or over the counter meds for colds
I know this is way off topic but it is something we have to deal with on occasion. Short of going to a doctor, what home remedies or over the counter meds do you find work the best for you?
32
32

Air sealing at base of 2nd story dormer (behind roof apron)
Hi.=20 I've a cape cod house (in New York) with a shed dormer on the upper floor, = very similar to the diagram here =20 ( know that the roof's steeper-pitched areas need to be vented from the sof=...
1
1

DR TreeChopper
Are there any other brands of tree choppers on the market? If so, anyone with any experiences with them?
14
14

Youtube
I am having problems with the sound breaking up/sounding "wavery" on "Youtube" It seems to be downloading fast enough, ie the grey line stays well ahead of the red. (WinXP) Anyone any ideas why & what...
10
10

OT: the sexiest man alive
Koreans ---- ahahahahahahahahahaha BEIJING - The online version of China?s Communist Party newspaper has hailed a report by The Onion naming North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un as the "Sexiest Man...
9
9

OT, New Education Proposal
A proposal to help under-performing students in our education system. ^_^
3
3

Bosch 5312 vs Dewalt DW718
Hi, I need somewhat urgent advice regarding the choice between these saws. I've= been researching these saws and both seem to be quite good. Furthermore, I= saw two great deals on these saws that were...
6
6

How can half of an outlet not work?
Its a regular duplex outlet. Only fed by 2 wires +ground. No switches or anything inline. Both sides of it used to work, now only one side works???? How can that be?
5
5

Holiday Sales....
So I missed Black Friday, cyberMonday.... well, more like boycotted them.... Aren't the after Xmas sales just as good or better? Mebbe not the same variety/choice, but mebbe even steeper discounts?...
102
102

I'm torn....
getting ready to put up the lawn mower for the season. Some tell me to top it off with stabilized gas while others say drain the gas. Anyone have any actual insight to share?
28
28

Sewer Backup Prevention
Background: I have a 1955 raised ranch with a full bath and a kitchen on the main floor= , both have sewer lines that go straight down into the basement floor. The = basement is unfinished but I have...
27
27

Not too late to stock up...
The ban on 75-watt bulbs takes effect January 1st, 2013. Just a reminder.
19
19