8th largest army in world deploys...

Page 3 of 3
HeyBub wrote:

http://federalistpaupers.com/index.php/2010/12/02/why-the-terrorists-can-never-win /
Once again, I've posted to the wrong group.
My abject apologies. I must now sit in the corner and feel shame.
Soon as I refill my noggin.
?

http://federalistpaupers.com/index.php/2010/12/02/why-the-terrorists-can-never-win/ Once again, I've posted to the wrong group.>> My abject apologies. I must now sit in the corner and feel shame.>> Soon as I refill my noggin.>Nah, it was still interesting for us here.
HeyBub wrote:

http://federalistpaupers.com/index.php/2010/12/02/why-the-terrorists-can-never-win/

Hey it's not easy in the annual war on deer, Four purple hearts were earned this year on opening day of battle. http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_a120859a-f57e-11df-95fb-001cc4c002e0.html FWIW my dogs love deer meat, it's their favorite.

Deer? Certainly, just look at their big brown eyes. Gotta Kill 'em to save 'em (get them off the roads).
On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 11:47:11 -0600, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

The American white tail dear is the most dangerous animal in the world, killing more people than snakes, lions, tigers, rhinos and hippos put together ... in traffic accidents.
In large areas of the US they have become 150 pound rats, far out pacing the ability of he environment to support them. Nature's answer was big cats but the only place that still supports that model is South Florida. We are actually introducing Texas cougars here and calling them "endangered Florida panthers". They have cut down on the deer population and now are now decimating livestock. You can't kill or molest them but the biggest cause of panther deaths is, you guessed it, traffic accidents.

Black bears are doing quite well in SW Florida. They are walking around downtown Ft Myers occasionally. Once you get out of town they are all over.
This is a few miles east of my house
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/bears%20in%20Corkscrew.jpg
We see one in the park right at the end of my street now and then.
I just don't think bears really go after deer that often. They are more interested in palmetto berries, air potatoes, road kill and dumpster diving.

My son in law was the SFWMD land manager for Corkscrew for several years. He came up with those pictures. We had a pretty good sized black bear diving dumpsters behind Lee Memorial for 2 weeks. At first the FWC said it must be a big dog or something until someone sent TV20 cell phone movies of it. It still took them a week to track him down. They found it in a tree on the Ft Myers golf course right there off of Cleveland avenue. Now they are saying there may be one down off of summerlin somewhere. The wild hogs are also pretty thick.down south on Summerlin around health park. They live in the aquatic preserve land that rings the Estero Bay all the way from Summerlin to Bonita Beach Road.

...but not as many as that vile chemical, Hydrogen Hydroxide.

Send some of the puddy-tats up here. Our tech was late to work the other day because he ran over one of those rats on US280, and had to sleep the night in his car before he could get help.

Bears? Eating White-Tailed Deer? Harry, you're just too funny!

I think that is a great idea. We should turn a few dozen packs of wolves loose in the North East cities and let those suburban dwellers experience the "thrill of the wild" that they are imposing on people in the west. There are plenty of deer there that need controlling. I have seen deer in downtown Washington DC. I damn near hit 2 on the Whitehurst freeway. I dodged one and the other one jumped over the wall. If I didn't have someplace I had to be I would have driven around to K street, 30 feet below to see if he was OK.

There is a trend for people in the urbanized east who have never really seen a wolf in the wild to want to "reintroduce" them out in the west where they tend to eat the livestock, chase kids and generally become a nuisance. I don't have a huge problem with that but I think we should share the joy and turn some loose in Central Park in NYC, Rock Creek Park in DC and the woods outside of Boston.
They are basically big, mean, omnivorous dogs and they would thrive in that environment.
Let everyone have the wolf experience. ;-)
<...snipped...>

I bet that there are plenty of people in NYC who would rather take their chances with wolves than with the species of predator most commonly found in Central Park today.

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 12:48:47 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

That was a Democrat. They're getting hungry already.