Subject Author Posted Replies

Seasonal Nonoffensive Greetings
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Happy holidays Please accept with no obligation, implied or expressed, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive,...
7
7

Binder for pea gravel
Saw a number of pea gravel paths where the pea gravel seems to be bound together with clear epoxy in a freeze environment. Anyone have experience with this in a freeze environment? Thickness? Type of...
16
16

OT, Merry Christmas Everyone!
I wish EVERYONE a Merry Christmas even those I disagree with. Perhaps we can put our differences aside for one day and wish everyone well. ^_^ TDD
10
10

Thanks to some friends
Had a very noisy blower fan on my truck. Others have mentioned drill, and oil. I did that, and the squealing and noise went away. I'd done that kind of thing before, but it is nice to be reminded, and...
2
2

Scotch Broom & Spanish Broom removal tips
Since it has been raining for a couple of weeks, I was able to pull out hundreds of Scotch Broom plants, with thicknesses up to the size of my wrist (due to the 2 foot deep taproot being in mud at...
7
7

Paving Stones & Sand: Damp vs Dry?
In the few videos I've watched, they tamp/compact the gravel, but not the sand that is layed over the gravel. In my test fit, I'm using about 2" of sand over solid shale. viz: local playground is...
4
4

Seni-OT: End the war on salt!
"This week a meta-analysis of seven studies involving a total of 6,250 subjects in the American Journal of Hypertension found no strong evidence that cutting salt intake reduces the risk for heart...
27
27

OT: For Harry - The Dodgy Blue Line
"England has 39 police forces, headed by 39 chief constables or commissioners. In the past 18 months, seven have been sacked for misconduct, suspended, placed under criminal or disciplinary...
1
1

Painters caulk
OSI Quad is the best caulk I have used. I highly recommend it. Choose the toughest construction sealants and adhesives from OSI. See how OSI products provide superior performance against the elements.
12
12

Electric caulk gun suggestion
I use the DeWalt battery unit.
7
7

kitchenaid superba dishwasher: no power
I'm looking for wiring diagrams for a kitchenaid superba dishwasher model kuds011jwh0 Suddenly the unit appears to have no power: nothing on the control panel is lit and nothing happens when pressing...
4
4

Wallboard Joint Compound
It looks like I've done something stupid. I used wallboard joint compound to repair a hole in drywall. Everything went well in the application and sanding process. Now, a few days later, there are...
3
3

Electrical Q: moving microwave outlet above the range
SWMBO has decided an above-the-range microwave is to replace existing range= hood. The hood circuit powers other equipment and cannot be used for the microwav= e. This is a code restriction, not a...
13
13

Wall-Destroying Clock!!
Greetings: Last year we repainted all the walls in our house with satin paint, white as before. Formerly there were about a dozen antique wood clocks hanging all around the house. After the walls were...
11
11

FYI: Home a/c cuts heat-related deaths by 80%
" [A] new study has found that home air conditioning played a key role in reducing American death rates over the past half-century, by keeping people cool on extremely hot days. The installation of...
5
5