Subject Author Posted Replies

Whatchamacallit
Door Chain Bolt?
5

Fire chief broke into a neighbor’s home wearing a ski mask and carrying a knife
Illinois ? Chicago Ridge deputy fire chief was being held on $150,000 bond after prosecutors alleged that he broke into a neighbor?s home wearing a ski mask and carrying a knife. Gary Swiercz, 49, of...
6
6

Ceiling fan
My Hampton Bay ceiling fan and light-kit no longer turn on when I pull the pull-chains. (The circuit-breaker did not trip). I discovered the bolts that attached two of the blades to the fan motor were...
8
8

How to cut into existing sprinkler pipe
I am extending my sprinkler system. I can do it by tapping into an existing underground circuit of 3/4" PVC pipe. All I need to do is insert a PVC T into the existing pipe. I can cut the old pipe, but...
23
23

Furnace squeaks when it turns off
Hi, First time poster... I'm fairly new to the US forced air furnace system, but my question is something that I haven't gotten an answer to on google... so here I am. My furnace appears to be...
60
60

INDUCTION COOKING? OT.
DO YOU HAVE ONE? HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? ANY OPINIONS ON THIS FORM OF COOKING? DO THE PANS MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE OR DO YOU NEED SPECIAL POTS AND PANS? T/Y.
16
16

Microwave Quit heating
My 12 year old microwave quit heating today. I was warming some soup and set it for the required time. When the cycle ended, the soup was warm, but not hot. I ran the MW another minute and the soup...
26
26

What to do about drywall seams cracking ...AGAIN!
how to repaire [and prevent future cracking] WITHOUT adding a big LUMP to the seam? The wall run is around 60 feet and 10 feet tall. the junction right in the middle is wanting to crack. Trying to...
29
29

Metric Lock Wing Nuts? Thule's Self-Loosening Fasteners
I have a Thule ski rack as well as a Thule cargo box. Both suffer from a poorly designed attachment system which uses knurled knobs with nuts (essentially wing nuts). They have a tendency to slowly...
12
12

What bench grinder?
I always wanted a bench grinder so I looked at the big box stores today. Which should I get? 8", 10", 12" Does it matter that all the plastic protection plates looked flimsy? Does it matter to have a...
12
12

mcculloch electric chainsaw leaks
Same here, with my Homelite. I pack a bunch of restaurant paper napkins into the carry case, under the saw. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . I inherited this chainsaw, and it looks and...
29
29

Residential video surveillance questions
I posted the following message earlier today on the newsgroup, but I thought I'd also try posting it here in case anyone here has any info or suggestions: I would like to find out if there is an easy...
24
24

Buy and Install a urinal
So I am getting my parts list together for a installation of a urinal and it dawned on me that I could use ebay for a lot of this. This is going to go in my man cave when everything is said and done....
14
14

Universal garage door opener?
I want to get a new garage door opener. I currently have an old wood garage door, that opens Out, but eventually I want to get a new aluminum door that opens Up so, do they make openers that are...
14
14

Diamond wheel or "?" for cutting cast iron pipe
While reading another thread here, I noticed some comments about what types of cutting wheel to use for cutting metal. One person wrote, "Although steel is tough on a diamond blade, it isn't instant...
22
22