Subject Author Posted Replies

Three phase from 2 transformers?
In a current thread, gfretw told a poster that one way to indentify 3 phase service is if it's connected to two or three transformers. That brought back a question that has stumped me for a very long...
11
11

OT: How to please the wife:
Four guys have been going to the same deer camp for many years. Two days before the group is to leave, Ron's wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn't going. Ron's friends are very upset that he...
27
27

I don't think they like that first kid
looked planned -- Stephanie: What did you do today? Leonard Hofstadter: Well, I'm a physicist, so I just thought about stuff. Stephanie: That's it? Leonard Hofstadter: I wrote some of it down.
2
2

O.T. Best shot??
A three pointer for the fat kid. Invented in the USA, of course. I'm not sure who this kid is or what team he plays for, or even whether this is real, but if it is, this might be the greatest shot in...

Garden Hose anti-kink options...
I use about 100' of garden hose at back and front of house. Problem is over the year the hose forms kinks because of the reels I use. I've tried leaving full pressure water in them but those days it...
22
22

OTC Walk-in-Bath
I am considering a walk in bath for my wife. I have info in two different companies but am not yet convinced which one to buy. Have any of you guys purchased a walk in bath? If so, what are your...
23
23

how to obtain "troubleshooting guide" for Kenmore dryer?
got a Kenmore dryer - actually in a place that I'm renting - that is the most irritating appliance ever, in that it constantly cuts off thinking that the clothes are dry. I have cleaned the moisture...
19
19

Hunter Ceiling Fan no lnger works
My Hunter ceiling fan (model #25560) and its lights no longer work when I pull the pull-chains. The fan/lights are NOT controlled by a wall switch nor by a remote-control. The wiring between the fan...
22
22

What is FOUR wire Triplex for?
A large store downtown has a heavy FOUR wire triplex feeding the building. 3 wires are black insulated, the other is the bare neutral. The thing that caught my attention to it, is that the 4th wire is...
51
51

(OT) How do they remove the vocals on KARAOKE music?
Just something I've never been able to figure out. How do they remove the vocals on KARAOKE music? Does anyone know? I thought it might be to filter out certain frequencies, I tried that on an audio...
10
10

Washing Maching Caused Toilet to Overflow and Sewage to go in tub!
I know this is a cloggage type of thing, but I had not the money to hire a = rooter. The washing machine is on the rear porch, it has a downspout, 2" di= amater the washer hose clamps on. A small load...
6
6

Can I put a microwave in the freezer?
The plan was to move my son from one apartment to another today. Last night I put a bunch of stuff from my house in the trailer, including a microwave oven, a toaster oven and an electric hand mixer....
8
8

Power outage
Approximately 3 days ago, I noticed a few quick power bumps whenever I would turn on a light switch or my cable box or my computer, which are all on the same circuit. Everything on that circuit would...
29
29

Voltage regulation wrt resistive and inductive loads...
Awl -- In a portable generator. Does one type of load vs the other make it more difficult for a typical portable generator to maintain constant voltage? Esp at a current approaching the continuous...
40
40

OT: car wiper blades
I know this is more of a car question but decided to ask here anyway. Just wondering when you clean your wiper blades, do they get absolutely clean or do they still give off black powder or stain on...
21
21