Subject Author Posted Replies

Propane torch problems in winter
Why is it that whenever I use a propane torch in winter, it causes all kinds of problems. This never happens in warm weather. And of course the torches are needed more in winter, for thawing frozen...
13
13

Is silicone caulk safe for use on food items
Actually it's not really a food item, but I have a plastic (Rubbermaid) livestock tank that has a hole in it from the tank heater melting thru it. I'm thinking about using a piece of tin, putting 100%...
16
16

Fire alarm
The heat from my wood stove sets off my smoke(heat) detector is there a detector that's better suited for use with a wood stove?
10
10

Rooftop commerical Lennox AC compressor keeps tripping on the internal breaker
Our office has a rooftop Lennox THA090 AC unit. It comes with 2 compressors. Almost everyday we have to go to the roof to restart the compressors because they often will trigger an internal circuit...
7
7

A/C ceiling vent question
I have a 4X10 air conditioning vent in my dining room ceiling. It's adjacent to an outside wall, about a foot from a corner. I want to replace it with one that has a lever to allow me to close it....
17
17

Plumbing repair for old leaky stem valve
Had some issues and needed to turn off the water to my house. Fixed that p= roblem but when I turned the water back on, the stem was leaking from my va= lve. I tightened the nut and that helped a lot,...
5
5

Question about the workload of Interior Design!?
Hi! I'm a junior in high school looking to major in Interior Design. At first I wanted to go into Architecture, but after a lot of research I came to the conclusion that the workload would have been a...
9
9

Primer for houses
I've been trying to help my grandmother out with fixing up her house. It's = in dire need of being repainted. She wants the color to be blue and I am pr= aying that there is some neighborhood law that...
4
4

pressure for new RO Tank
Hi All, I just purchased an new reverse osmosis 14 gallon white 1070 tank. It didn't come with any instructions. What pressure should I pump into the tank ? Is 7 lbs about right? or more. Tks.
2
2

Concrete Stain
I have an area around my pool that is looking worn. The pool is almost 20 = years old and so is the deck. I have used concrete stain before on things = that were in sheltered areas - but I am a little...
3
3

Jap radiation covering the US & CA
Where is the bobbing head media? It was already proven months ago of radiated blue fish tuna that migrated from Japan to the west coast. Our infants and children are the most at risk.
2
2

OT, Southern Blizzard
It's snowing here in Alabamastan, we're all gonna die! O_o TDD
40
40

ÊÚÇÑÝ
/v0g/cfN488g4+Qgx+Ha0cfeIMfIzcsg2uQg3crHySDMx8/JIMrK5sfV4SDj2u0g2uHsIMfhx+3j 7eEK/mFobWVkX2FsNDU1QHlhaG9vLmNvbQ==
1
1

gas meter - fixture distance
Is there a minimum distance where a light fixture (outdoor) can be installed around a gas meter? thanks
5
5

I miss Detroit!
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:19 PM Subject: Fw: A little Detroit humor? I was in Newport Beach , California ... and I saw a bumper sticker on a parked car that read, "I miss Detroit ." So I...