Subject Author Posted Replies

Breville BKC700XL (Keurig pod expresso machine) reset?
Someone just gave me one of these expresso machines. I can't figure out how= to use it. The owners manual seems to just assume the machine works, that = you prime it, press MENU to get it to show...
6
6

When is firewood seasoned?
"Steve B" wrote in news:kem0v4$has$ Hold the log by one end, and rap the other end on your driveway. Dry wood makes a characteristic ringing sound -- a baseball bat gives a great example of this --...
11
11

Unused water heater, leave full or empty?
A friend has a house that came with two identical water heaters hooked up in parallel. He doesn't need all the capacity, so we turned one of them off and turned off the water going into it. This was...
48
48

OT: For the computer gurus
Will be purchasing a new laptop. Are there any methods to avoid installing the overbearing bundled software I don't want or do I resort to the uninstall process one at a time? Thank you
79
79

A different kind of motion sensing security light?
Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, but... The motion sensor (part) output constantly varies. Only when its output reaches a certain level relative to its normal state, then it trips a switch that...
53
53

Americans now eating horse meat - how much worse can it get?
In Canada, horsemeat is available. You can order it in some restaurants. France too. Aside from eating Flicker, it is really not a big deal. Tons of it are eaten every year.
8
8

Repairing a rubber roof
I am looking for any suggestions or information regarding making repairs to a rubber roof. The roof in question is on a small rectangular building (about 20 feet x 35 feet), and the roof itself is...
10
10

OH TEE. Insurance $20,000/year??
From CNS news: Supposedly the cheapest health insurance plan under Obamacare for a family of four will be twenty thousand per year. Letssee. $20 per hour, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks in a year. Mr....
35
35

Quality portable air compressor
Looks beefy, but its small tank (low reserve) could cause problems as well. Esp for spray painting. For spray painting, you need *gallons* more than cfm of the 'pressor itself. At least to remain...
1
1

Water softener
Finally got around to replacing my water softener today - bought it before Christmas. Had the piping all figured out and fitted when I found out the new one was plumbed BACKWARDS from the old one, so...
4
4

Step stools
I do not like the stepstool we have now because the horizontal distance between the front of the bottom step and the front of the top step is less than 4.4 inches. (The stepstool has just two steps.)...
4
4

Exterior Insulation during residing job
Hi, My 1950's house has exterior walls of aluminum siding OVER wood siding over= felt on 1x6 sheathing. To make (Hurricane Sandy) repairs consistent with = the rest of the house, we plan on having the...
12
12

Old dishwasher won't fill
I have an ancient (circa 1972) GE/Hotpoint dishwasher that hasn't been used in some time. Today I decided to give it a test run, and found that everything appears to work except the water inlet valve....
6
6

How to 'tighten' an exterior door?
Over time something has changed here. The closed door to the garage now lets light in around it. A couple of years ago, if I left the garage light on at night - could not tell, but now, there's a halo...
43
43

Ping: Ed Pawlowski ???
Hi Ed, Could you send me a pvt email link at bobm(three)(at)worthless(dot)info? I'd like to ask you some questions about Tuscany? Thanks
1
1