Subject Author Posted Replies

Patio - Another Idea to Toss Out There
I have decided against staining my concrete patio. I have been researching a product called, "Moisture Shield" that looks like TREX, but is not TREX. I had some bad luck with TREX, and won't go there...
2
2

Gas Clothes Dryer
I have a fairly new but very lightly used front loader Whirlpool Duet that has always served me well, but has gradually not dried as well as usual. Due to circumstances it uses a flex tube to vent. I...
25
25

The Go Daddy ad
The worst part is that sickening noise when they kiss. Just too repulsive.
7
7

The Day the Earth Stood Still -
The 2013 Super Bowl power outage!!! Will this impact future life on planet Earth? Do we even have a chance to continue to exist? After all, the Super Bowl is the last frontier, the last means of...
4
4

GFCI's work, Chinese light fixtures don't
A couple of years ago I built a shed and ran power to it through some underground PVC conduit. Power to the shed is sourced from a GFCI receptacle under my deck. The shed has an interior light...
10
10

Incandescent Bulb "Wear Out"
I hadn't thought much about this before but today I started wondering what percentage of light output is typically lost as a large (100-250 watt) incandescent bulb ages, before it's filament finally...
46
46

Comparison of heating fuel prices
Prices per MM BTU range from $11.36 for a Masonry heater* to $33.21 for an electric heat pump. best non-weird heating source is Natural Gas at $13.52 per MM BTU. --------- * A "Masonry heater" is one...
4
4

Pool Installation
After months of deliberating we're going to 'take the plunge' and go for it with a pool. We've decided on a soft sided resistance pool, similar to this kind of thing 'Inground Pools vs. Endless Pools'...
4
4

Electrician Needed in New Orleans
Electrician Needed in New Orleans..... Or did one of you DIY guys wire up that football stadium before the Superbowl, and use 14-2 romex for some 1000A mains????? Good grief, the game was delayed 35...
25
25

Snow along US/Mexico border?
Just a few days ago I was watching a TV show about illegal immigration across the US/Mexico border, and it looked like there was snow on the ground there. In fact, it even looked like there was snow...
9
9

What State is "Quaker State"?
What State is "Quaker State"? I cant seem to find it on the Atlas!!!!
11
11

About 3 in one oil??
This is something I am doing at home, besides you guys have a lot of great info that is hard to find elsewhere. Spring is almost here, and that means fishing - at least for me. I have six spinning...
27
27

OT: Another computer question
As I noted the above thread, I plan to purchase a laptop. To add, it will be replacing my desktop, but I will still use my desktop monitor when applicable. I just learned they no longer make docking...
20
20

Breville BKC700XL (Keurig pod expresso machine) reset?
Someone just gave me one of these expresso machines. I can't figure out how= to use it. The owners manual seems to just assume the machine works, that = you prime it, press MENU to get it to show...
6
6

When is firewood seasoned?
"Steve B" wrote in news:kem0v4$has$ Hold the log by one end, and rap the other end on your driveway. Dry wood makes a characteristic ringing sound -- a baseball bat gives a great example of this --...
11
11