Subject Author Posted Replies

I'm off to buy (another) miter saw
I've been waiting anxiously for Harbor Freight's sale (Today, Saturday, and Sunday) to pick up their new "Double-Bevel," 12-inch sliding miter saw. This weekend it's only $119.00. (save $510 over...
35
35

US personal income (month-over-month) drops 3.6%
You just posted a huge mis vs the expected MoM drop of 2.2%. How does it feel to have 3.6% less income in February vs January? Can't buy as many iCraps now can you? Even Walmart must be looking like...
8
8

Canadians are laughing as americans are sequestering themselves down the toilet
What more can I say. Not just Canadians. I'm sure most of the rest of the world is shaking their heads at just how low, feeble, weak that america has become. Take your place beside Italy and Spain as...
8
8

'Mountain Man' and government...
Old news. Even older news: Ya' gotta pay the piper or the govt will make you homeless, then harass you fer being homeless. Feed the beast or be eaten. nb http://sovereignty.net/p/sd/LA-A21.htm
3
3

rotten egg smell
I turned on the hot water in a house that had been empty for a while and go t the worst rotten egg smell ever and it continued for 20 min till the hot water ran out. No problem with cold water. It...
10
10

Buyer Beware
I found out today that the Li-ion battery for my digital camera is dying, so I phoned a photo shop that sells Sony cameras here in Winnipeg to find out what a new Sony NP-FR1 battery would cost me. I...
16
16

Booster pump voltage question
Given a choice, run it on the higher voltage. There will be slightly less voltage drop in the wires going to the motor. It will take about 4 amps at the higher voltage and 8 amps at the lower voltage....
3
3

Hot Water Contamination: Nitrates
The building I work at was evacuated on Tuesday and shut down on Wendnesday after about 20 people in one area got sick; they were dizzy and nauseated enough to be taken to hospitals. The hazmat team...
11
11

Air Conditioners
I have a Trane air conditioner that was installed in 2007. I did not buy t he extended warranty. I have had it checked every spring ... and until las t year there was no problem. In April a technician...
7
7

Home insurance rates increasing
I'm in North Texas, near Dallas - I ended a long time business relationship with State Farm insurance about a year ago to buy a homeowners policy from a family member that was starting out with...
55
55

Shoot through the door
So sez Vice President Biden. That will scare people away from the house. He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years ago. "Daves not here"
69
69

Good "white paper" on grounding and the neutral-wire, etc
Excellent "white paper" on grounding and the neutral-wire here: More of their white-papers: Enjoy! David http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/SADE-5TNQYQ/SADE-5TNQYQ_R1_EN.pdf...
4
4

Alcohol abuse
A Drunk man is stopped by the Police around 1 am and is asked where he is going at this time of night. The man replies, ?I am going to a lecture on alcohol abuse and ill effects on my health.? Officer...
9
9

Dash Cam...
Before I invest in a new toy [a real dashcam], I thought I might [somehow] hook up my Camcorder, or Digital Camera to the dashboard, and see if I like it first, and really use it. Any ideas how to...
16
16

Another circuit breaker question
Several weeks ago I asked about an oven circuit breaker tripping but then working afterwards. Now, being a confirmed worrywart, I'm very tempted to buy a spare double 40A breaker - just in case. I...
19
19