Subject Author Posted Replies

furnace filter
There is ine of the best site to furnace filter Im using it for furnace filter too so i tinnk this is the best web site to 'furnace filter' ( Its great and amazing tri it and enjoy the best This is...
4
4

What size wiring for Central A/C compressor?
I'm running new electric in a friends basement and so far uncovered a lot of bad wiring jobs, buried splice boxes, you name it. So now I noticed that the central A/C compressor is wired with 10 guage...
77
77

Armstrong SX 90 Fan won't come on
Hello All, Having a problem with our furnace. It will run and heat the house as long as I have the fan set to auto. If I don't have it set there the fan will n ot come on at all and no heat. Believe...
2
2

Stud Finder
Finally got around to testing the stud finder from the Place-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named*. Street price is $9.95. The instrument does an accurate job. It finds studs, which is what you'd expect a...
7
7

787 probe puts spotlight on Arizona battery firm
After the fire, a former Securaplane employee named Michael Leon filed a cl aim for federal whistleblower protection, alleging that he was fired for ra ising security concerns about the design of the...
18
18

OT, slightly Anybody successfully buy 'street signs'?
Anybody buy street signs/ and hardwareonline? Who would you recommend? Pros and cons to watch for?

"Printed AR15" - 600 rounds and still going
"... Defense Distributed, released a video this week showing a gun firing off over 600 roundsillustrating what is likely to be the first wave of semi-automatic and automatic weapons produced by the...
3
3

Convection electric space heaters. Any thots?
Anyone have any experience with a wall mounted electrical convection heater (1500Watt/120V plug in type is what I purchased) It's for a basement room that is about 4 C cooler than the rest of the...
21
21

Who sells 39 1/4" X 13 1/4" roof shingles?
I have a standard 3 tab shingle roof. The other day I went up to replace one that had broke. Fortunately the previous owner did leave some spares, but now I'm down to 2 left. and I notice they are not...
6
6

ot - General Mtrs becoming China Motors
Sorry, but this is such an astounding vid clip with the GM CEO making a speech in China about GM's moving plants to China, that I just thought it should be seen by more people.
4
4

Fix for fridge shelves falling. (2023 Update)
In case this helps someone else: We have an older (about 1997) Sears side by side fridge (with water and crushed/whole ice in the door) that still works well. But the fridge side door had warped over...
17
17

More about magnetism and MRI's
More about magnetism and MRI's It came up here wrt my planned MRI that there seemed to be things not made out of iron that were subject to magnets. By coincidence I came across this. From Wikip ......
16
16

OT: Why are the Canadians trash talking
I read some of these stupid posts that sound like Canadians trash talking on the US. I don't see Americans trash talking Canada here. So I have to ask why? Jealousy? Or is it just one Canadian troll...
6
6

Crepe myrtles and swimming pools.
Has anyone heard they shouldn't be planted near in-ground pools? I have one that is about 4.5 feet from my pool.
12
12

Monotronics Home Security
Anyone have any information on this company who is a monitoring service for home security systems? Quality of service, Reputation Customer service Thanks, R
10
10