Subject Author Posted Replies

Carpet, paint recommendations?
Hi Folks, The carpet in the living room is shot. After a not very pleasant surprise with brand name carpet tiles in another room I want ask here: Which brand/series is good as a typical high-pile...
8
8

Garden Hose recommendations?
I'm looking for a 100' hose. I see Never Kink, Flexon, Flexogen. Anyone have experience with them? The couple of dollars difference in price is not a concern, I just was something that will last a few...
17
17

Thermostat question
I recently had an "Ace AT10-1141SA" thermostat installed in my garage. The range of the thermostat is 50-90 degrees. If I need to leave my garage door open for a while, how do I turn it off if it's...
7
7

Lansky Sharpening System
Got one as a gift. This "system" simplifies the man-of-the-house duty of sharpening knives and things. And the Lansky gets these things brutally sharp! The trick/technique behind the device is...
7
7

Weed Eater cord feed problem
I have an electric Weed Eater EL-15TNE trimmer unit that has cord feed problems. It's supposed to feed new cord by shutting off motor and restarting, several times if necessary. This often doesn't...
6
6

Update to the "lessons learned" garage door torsion spring DIY thread (new lessons learned)
This is sort of an update to the previous "lessons learned" thread on how to perform an amateur DIY torsion spring garage door repair yourself. Ever since my first torsion spring repair a while back...
6
6

generic name for shelving system
Never seen a double rail, I just use two vertical supports right next to each other. If they both have to be screwed into the same vertical 2x4 behind the wall covering, I angle the screws so each one...
1
1

What would have been a professional way to carve the shape of this door for a good fit?
What would have been a professional way to carve the shape of this door for a good fit?
13
13

PVC soil pipe directly over a timber
I have a 200+ year old home and am remodeling a bathroom. The location where I wish to locate the toilet would place the flange and PVC soil pipe directly over a 8x8 timber. I could judiciously remove...
15
15

OT Pix
Pix of the UK 1930's/40's Famed war-time photographer Bert Hardy would have celebrated his 100th birthday this year and is regarded as one of the country's best photojournalists. Although he is...

Dimming Ballast Wiring Questions
I recently was given 9 advance ballast IZT-3S32-SC. These are dimming ballasts for 2 lamps. Can they be used with just two lamps like some where you just don't use one of the wires? Also, I have...
1
1

Any meaningful difference between washing soda and soda ash?
Hi all, Had occasion to set up my electrolytic deruster again today (commonly known as a benchtop 12V power supply, a big Rubbermaid tote, and an old piece of sprinkler pipe bodged together with some...
5
5

Do they make a Motorola RAZR 5-pin USB 2.0 to mini-USB cable?
What you need is one of these which they no longer sell. It modifies the Mini USB connector so the phone will charge from a standard Mini USB charger or USB-A to Mini-USB cable. I've used these...
16
16

USA hands Iraq oil fields over to China -> spends a $Trillion dollars murders over 4,000 troops in the process
Says right in the article. We've got plenty of our own oil all of a sudden. We don't need Iraq's shit.
8
8

Torro Mower Deck
I have an older Torro 8-32 rider with a problem with the mower deck. When engaging the deck it requires a lot of force to move into position. I can live with this condition, but now there is a new...
2
2