Subject Author Posted Replies

Do "roots in the sewer in the past" require disclosure?
Imagine a house with a cast iron sewer pipe connected to the town's PVC pipe at the property line. Imagine - in the past - roots finding their way into the junction of the 2 pipes and causing a...
63
63

Cooktop timer?
Does anyone make a slick top range with a timer on the burners? I did this with my old spiral element cook top when my daughter was learning about cooking, just so she would not forget a pan on the...
7
7

any way to effectively rid Gorilla tape odor?
Had a project to do recently and decided to use Gorilla tape as duct tape just wouldn't have been strong enough. I am left with a problem however: odor! The smell from the tape is bad enough that it...
15
15

Auto Drip Coffee Makers
I have a with all the extra buttons for delayed-brew, clean ,etc. (model ISX43) The question: does the "regular/strong" selection do anything? It appears to taste the same and take the same time to...
20
20

OT , but you guys are always interested in ships that sink
OT but you guys like this stuff. I wonder if you noticed over the past few weeks the mounting number of incidents involving Carnival Cruise Lines. The news helped us keep count. First was the one that...
4
4

How to peel a hard boiled egg with duct tape
I simply shock a warm egg with cold water and peel under the running faucet!
1
1

Genset bearing end cap failure - what caused this???
There are 12 photos here showing a genset that has failed twice the same way after only several dozen hours of running, most of that just to start it periodically each week to make sure it's working....
5
5

Time and a half for over 40 hours
My niece just started working for a company yesterday. She is working in a convenient store that also sells gas. She has almost no job experience. She says her boss does not pay time and a half for...
98
98

Need recommendation on low VOC exterior paint
Hi All, Anyone have a recommendation for a good low VOC exterior paint for use by a chemically sensitive person? Many thanks, -T
3
3

Electric Stove
I have a mostly still good electric range with burners on the top - not the new flat top kind. Anyway, one of the elements came loose from the part t hat holds it together so I ordered a new one. Now...
13
13

Replacing doorbell with intercom?
Hello, I have a normal doorbell. I'd like to replace it with something that rings a bell and allows for communication with the door closed. Does an intercom typically require more wiring than a...
3
3

Wiring problem - looking for advice
"We can't keep wire in the ground to save our lives" The new normal in the USA. A country eating itself alive, consuming any and all public and private infrastructure. Urban Mining. Will the last...
1
1

I want to build a house for a Redneck
I want to build a house for a Redneck. Where should I begin?
9
9

what are you guys using for rust removal/paint prep?
Hi all, am thrashing on Jeep again... vehicle is mostly rust free (surprisingly, since it's from PA) but I've started ripping the old rear bumper and gas tank skid plate off so as to install a new...
11
11

Too many Wires! Help with new wall outlet
I am far from expert, but I can install a duplex wall outlet. In my 1970-era house there was a blank wall plate right where I would like a wall outlet. I took off the plate and found a bare copper...
80
80