Subject Author Posted Replies

OT How to clean a Glock pistol
Information sent to me by an American Epal :-) Not actually that useful here.
3
3

click flooring cutter
I'm looking into redoing some floors using clic stranded bamboo flooring which comes in 2 meter lengths. I need to stagger a right angle joint - which means I need to cut some boards and they will...
2
2

What would make a non-adjustable California lawn mower rev like crazy?
Haven't used the California lawn mower since last season, and, well, after I pulled on the Honda cord a few dozen times with the choke held open, it finally started. But, then, for the next half hour...
6
6

What's the trick to preventing stacked plastic buckets from sticking together? (2024 Update)
Like everyone else, I often stack similar sized plastic buckets, but, over time, they almost always become close to impossible to pry apart without excessive force and undue swearing. There must be a...
52
52

Fertilizer plant go boom -> and you thought your food was expensive now...
Is it the 4'th of july? ============================================ Watch explosion video here: ============ 5 to 15 people confirmed killed in West fertilizer plant explosion, but officials fear...
14
14

Lawn trouble
We haven't been in our house long and the lawn is a bit patchy, some bits are basically bare earth and the rest is really pale. I've though about re-seeding but don't want to spend the time and money...
4
4

Ceiling Fan Decapititions
Every year about 6 billion people are decapitated by ceiling fans. Yet, the government and industries that are supposed to protect us do nothing about it. These same companies are the ones that ban...
13
13

submergable sump pump
I have a Wayne 1/2 hp submergible sump pump with a vertical float ,is there any way to adjust the float ,right now it kicks in every minute ,i have check valve,long extensions on my down spouts...
19
19

how to seal concrete patio
We have a concrete patio that gets rained on, but is in the shadow of our huge oak tree... so it drys slowly. There is also this blackish-greenish ting to the surface. I would like to power wash it -...
2
2

Extension cord taped to metal fence
a neighbor of mine, has a shed that is powered by a extension cord (about 50')taped along the top of a 3' metal fence. I told him that it was not legal, he asked me how to correct it and I told to run...
19
19

Which router is better to keep
I recently inherited a well-used Sears Craftsman model 3154.174771 variable speed router. The brushes look fine. I already have a lightly-usedSears Craftsman model 315.17461 single-speed router. I...
17
17

OT: When will the libs apologize to Reagan and Conservatives?
Remember when Ronald Reagan created the Strategic Defense Initiative, the idea being that rather than only having mutually assured destruction as a response, we could have a shield to intercept...
51
51

Dryer Drum Rust
My dryer is getting rust stains on my whites and I want to paint a small area on the dryer drum. My problem is that I have been unable to find the heat resistant enamel appliance paint to take care of...
13
13

Bromine in septic tank?
Hi All, The wife tried some chlorine based tablet things in the tank of the toilet and it kept the bowl nice and clean. The tablets were rated Septic Tank saf e as the amount f Chlorine going in was...
12
12

Runner thinks police had tip-off about bomb
The FBI obviously did not do their job in this situation. You gave up your rights to privacy so various agencies can vacuum up your personal electronic information, wire-tap your e-mails and text...
2
2