Subject Author Posted Replies

Update on cleaning 3 more toilets of brown streaks using HCl (pool acid)
Just as I now always look at my friends' garage doors to see what they need help fixing, now I'm constantly looking for brown stains in my friends' toilets. :) Here's one I found at one friend's...
49
49

How do I fix this basement leak?
My walkout basement leaked a bunch of water from under the drywall right next to my doorwall last week when we had a really hard rain storm. I thought it was another crack in the poured concrete...
38
38

Attach cabinet to wall (earthquake)
My cabinet is 7 ft tall by 4 ft wide and 1 ft deep. The front and sides are glass and the back is mirrored. Decorative wood molding runs along the front and two sides -- but not on the back -- of the...
4
4

Leaking fuel from mower
I am rusty with carburetors. I found gas in the bottom of the air filter holder for a sears mower. Took the fuel bowl off. I think I need to adjust the float but the float is plastic with no...
12
12

OT Accidents and idiots compilation.
Darwinism in action. I wonder if they learnt from their experiences?

Driveway cracks
Concrete cracks either because of settling or shifting in the earth below from the time when the concrete mix was originally laid Read more: How to Mend Cracks in Concrete | Is there a way to tell if...
16
16

Finally an alternative to incandescents?
I've been interested in finding a more acceptable solution to indoor lighting than the usual spiral CFLs for a while now, yesterday I was researching LED light bulbs as I was actually repairing an...
129
129

How hear doorbell out in garden?
I have ruined several phones by taking them out while doing yard work and f orgetting to bring them in. So now I want to rig up something attached to the front door bell that I can hear out in back....
36
36

Erratic engine cranking: solved
My problem was... "The main problem I have with starting it after not using it is that the engine cranks erratically. By that I mean that it will turn a couple of times, stop for a couple of seconds,...

Dish TV
I am considering switching from cable (charter) to Dish TV and I have a few questions...since my house is already wired for cable the only new cable would be from the dish on my roof to a new cable...
51
51

Adding neutral/ground bar to Siemens S2020B1100 panel
I have a Siemens 100-amp main panel (Catalog #: S2020B1100), and it only has one neutral/ground bar. The neutral/ground bar is on the right side of the panel. I am trying to figure out if I can add...
55
55

how to monitor for leaks under your house?
Hi All, Had a pipe spring a leak in our crawl space. All fixed now. I hate doing under the house. Is there an any way to monitor the crawlspace? Power over Ethernet cameras? Many thanks, -T
11
11

removing back lawn -- need replacement suggestions
Hi All, It looks like I am finally going to replace my back lawn with a series of long planters to grow flowers and produce in. I thought of using pavers to replace the lawn, but that seems expensive....
13
13

salt and cement
Hi All, I have salt in my soil. I have salt powder on my house's foundation. Is there anything that will neutralize salt in your soil to keep it out of my foundation's cement? Many thanks, -T
14
14

Towing your own car a short distance
I got my car stuck in the mud on my farm. Got a tractor to pull it, and a chain, but no one around to steer the car. I've tried it before by myself, and it never fails that the car decides to steer...
11
11