Subject Author Posted Replies

Rod Pickens '86
Pete Rod Pickens '86 is in the current issue of the Port of Balt magazine on pages 30 and 31 see Regards Don http://pobdirectory.com/news/2013/04/26/port-of-baltimore-magazine-march-april-2013/

Where to look for crud in this 80's Hotpoint dishwasher?
Photo of the underside of an upside down 80's vintage dishwasher, pump removed. Everything seems to be running fine but it's been leaving crud and deposits on the dishes. Apparently a common culprit...
18
18

Voltage detector to reccomend?
Last year, I bought a black and yellow voltage detector, from the electrical aisle at Walmart. I was on the job with a friend. He had one, and it was totally useful. Hold it near a power line, push...
27
27

Is there a 'magic' solution for dissolving labels on glassware?
Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on glass bottles for kitchen reuse? My current technique: a. Soak for a day...
95
95

Mohawk Ironworkers
Xposted - OT for a.h.r. I read a number of news sites on the web, one of which is aljazeera America. It's mostly American News. I found this story about the Native American ( US and Canadian ) Mohawk...
10
10

Perfect safe homemade welding mask?
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/infocus/chinadiy050813/s_c08_RTR1ECDC.jpg
6
6

Need help Arrow gun T2025
I have this staple gun that was left in the house that I bought. On it says T2025 and it works cause it was still 'loaded'. and I tried it. Now, I need to know what to buy when it runs out and more...
4
4

Pool Sweep
I have a Polaris 380 pool sweep that probably will not survive this season after my numerous rebuildings. Any recommendations for a different unit?
5
5

Must be a better way to protect chair legs on tile floors
Three times in the past three years I've bought a complete set of rubber foot protectors for the wooden chairs that are slid day in and day out on the tile floors. I first bought the dark brown rubber...
30
30

Ideas for improving this second-generation home composting method
My first composting method was a disaster but this second generation improved method seems to be working well enough to tell you what it is and to ask about suggestions for improvement. 1. A closeable...
43
43

Cutting on a butcher block counter?
One of my ideas is to have a section of my counter to be end-grain butcher block. Many people install butcher block counters. But do they use them to cut on? I tend to think not. Were I to install a...
12
12

Marble backsplash behind range?
Yep, that would be the one.
2
2

The Cicadas are coming! The Cicadas are coming!,
or: TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
4
4

Reinforce Roof Against Falling Trees?
Hi! We are about to get our roof replaced but are looking into structural changes to make the roof safer in the event of severe weather. We live in an area that has occasional hurricanes and even...
39
39

OT but interesting (old box factory)
The old equipment is neat, and a treat to all us old gearheads. There are also quite a few other web sites that go along with the same basic theme for an additional buzz.
21
21