Subject Author Posted Replies

What material is used for pool equipment o-rings (buna? viton? nitrile? silicone?)
I'm trying to source my pool equipment o-rings by trade sizes and material. I've figured out all the trade sizes; but does anyone know the material? Buna? Viton? Nitrile? Silicone? Butyl? Does it...
55
55

Advice requested to unclog a shower stall (75 or 100 foot snake?)
Any suggestions for unclogging a shower drain elsewhere? A friend called just now with a plumbing problem saying her shower is backing up into the bedroom, so I pulled my old BrassCraft Cable Drum...
67
67

High Security Cluster Boxes?
Would your area Postal Inspector's Office have a suggestion?
7
7

OT Pix from Moore
AOL - News, Politics, Sports & Latest Headlines - AOL.com

Pool heat pump - How many BTUs?
I'm thinking of installing a heat pump for my 15x30 pool. I'm told that the correct unit for my needs (an Aquacal TropiCal) puts out 112,000 BTUs (40 amps/5.8 KW). I'm thinking that a larger unit that...
75
75

10 Tools every kid should master
From the editors of Popular Mechanics: What tool would you add to the list?
36
36

Have any of you bought one of those weedeaters on wheels?
I made the mistake of buying one from the urban cowboy store and it is just that, an urban cowboy toy. Give me a little 16 inch cut 6.5hp push mower and I'll run circles around that piece of crap....

Atheists Can Be Polite!
Wolf Blitzer Asks Atheist Tornado Survivor If She 'Thanks The Lord' (VIDEO) | HuffPost Latest News

Anyone know the reason for this odd design for dishwasher water inlet?
I'm going through a Hotpoint dishwasher from the late 80's - model HDA 467-02WH and the water inlet fitting seems to have an odd design. The nipple for the incoming water hose instead of being a tube,...
11
11

Door problems
Recently hung a new service door going to the outside from the garage. Initially it was (to coin a phrase) well hung as it closed smoothly, no hangups, etc. Over about the last 6 weeks or so, it has...
13
13

Rebuilding in Moore, OK
During the flood of news coverage regarding the tornado in Moore, OK, they have said over and over that they will rebuild. I can understand their need to rebuild, but somehow their plans dont make...
17
17

Storm Shelters are in the News
Storm shelters are in the news so I'll attempt a few: Dig a 6' by 8' rectangle trench that is 18" deep. Pour concrete 20" high. S tick stainless-steel angles vertical in the concrete every 24". And...
47
47

Service minded cop saves home
Nice that some cops are there to protect and serve. My kind of public servant. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . . Deputy said he used garden hose when spotted house fire. The Church of...
2
2

Air Conditioning and a Separate Dehumidifier
Anyone done any sort of calculations or theories to see if running a separate dehumidifier in a basement cuts down any central air conditioner run time on the rest of the house?
37
37

How many bags of mortar per blocks
How many bags of mortar do I need per number of 8x8x16 concrete blocks? I want to build a small basement, know the number of blocks I will need (around 800), but dont know how to determine the amount...
16
16