Subject Author Posted Replies

For that special fella in your life
The Oscar Mayer Original collection: 18-20 slices of hardwood smoked bacon in a handsome presentation box, accompanied by one of three special gifts: a stainless steel money clip engraved with bacon...
8
8

Filling slots where circuit breakers used to be?
After removing two circuit breakers and wires that used to supply a hottub, what is the proper way to cover the slots in the panel? Are there dummy "breakers" that cover both the slot (looks better...
14
14

Microwaves next for federal efficiency standards
"Microwave ovens are the newest federal target after the government already weighed in on light bulbs, toilets, washing machines and other everyday items for Americans in a crusade against carbon...
13
13

looking for replacement post
I an looking for a replacement post - anyone know where I can find one?
14
14

OT, Holy Crap
When I checked the newsgroup, the post count was 666. It must be those wicked Democrats and evil Republicans posting again. I'm in fear for my soul. ^_^ TDD
3
3

another government designed gas can rant
Bought a new 2 gallon gas can as my old government designed can had a cut, leaky seal. New can looks same as the old can but they added child type safety cap to spout where you have to squeeze and...
17
17

One of Life's biggest Frustrations in the home
One of Life's biggest Frustrations in the home..... Trying to open a goddamn fuc### %$^#&* @#$#$^#& Plastic garbage bag. I normally spend at least 15 minutes opening one of them. By that time, it's...
12
12

Anyone know if any comsumer protection law declares how long a product should be supported ???
I had an interesting response from HTC, regarding a cell phone that they put on the market around July 2011. Apparently there was an upgrade from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2, which was available a few...
18
18

Do pool cloth filter cartridges come in 'trade sizes'?
Do pool cloth filter cartridges come in 'trade sizes'? A while ago, someone suggested sourcing replacement parts by trade size, which was a boon because it opened up an avenue for o-rings and seals...
8
8

Chair goes too far back
I have a chair for my outdoor table on the deck that has all of sudden decided to go back WAY too far and nearly tips over. Any suggestions on how to either fix it or McGyver something so it won't...
23
23

meter for hard water
Are there devices that measure the hardness of water - a meter, not a st of chemicals or test strips? One designed for hardnes, not TDS (Total Disolved Solids).
20
20

Repair front porch paint
I will try to attach a couple of pix of my concrete front porch, showing "leprosy" caused by years -- decades -- of painting over old messes. 1. Best way of dealing with it, I am told, is hire someone...
23
23

Delta faucet repair?
A friend of mine has a number of Delta faucets in his home with the single multi-function handle and they all leak under the handle, especially in the full-cold position. Is there perhaps some sort of...
5
5

Sears Kenmore Model 33 dehumidifier won't turn off
This thing keeps my basement from being dank and dungeon-like. Occasionally this dehumidifier would refuse to shut off and would turn the coils into a solid block of ice. I would unplug it, let it...
22
22

Square Foot garden
Just got a new book: "All New Square Foot Gardening" by Mel Bartholomew. He dismisses conventional row gardening and promotes a different model. His garden consists of, for example, a 4x6 foot 6" tall...
17
17