Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. HMS Endurance Found
Sir Ernest Shackleton wanted to be first to cross Antarctica. The ship sank before he and his crew got there. <> More here: <> The wreck of Sir Ernest Shackleton's ship Endurance has been found 107...
1
1

Do Oil Furnace Only Chimney Need to be Cleaned
If your house has a chimney connected only to an oil furnace, do you still need to have it cleaned? I hear conflicting stories. All the chimney cleaning places say yes annually. I hear all these...
6
6

Replacement 86-inch shower hose springs a leak
just replaced it for the second time which makes it my third hose. It doesn't cost me anything because I buy a new one and return the old. But in about two years time, two of them leaked the same way....
6
6

Ice maker supply issues
I've bought a condo, and when the sellers disconnected their refrigerator ice maker, they didn't notice immediately that the shutoff valve on the supply line wouldn't turn off completely. Well...
18
18

Mystery breaker
I'm moving to a new place, and in the breaker box there's a "push-to-test 10" button on one 20 Amp breaker, and only on that one, that I don't understand. The panel label has this as "Bath Rec" and...
13
13

OT: destroying a washing machine, improved
Sorry Brian, video. Washing machines jump about and shit. Washing machine destruction- With Fire and 1 exploited and one poor little thing got hit by a police car .. Hope you Enjoy please subscribe...
2
2

Microwave odd behavior
Panasonic microwave, maybe 8 years old. Suddenly noticed new, odd behavior. When I went to remove something, the carousel was turning with the door open. I first thought that maybe a relay had failed,...
4
4

tea stains
My old tea strainer is stained dark brown but I want to give it to someone as I bought a new one. I soaked it for days in vinegar and repeatedly brushed with a toothbrush but the bare metal ring and...
27
27

Re: standard track shelving: single-track brackets with screwholes
On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 04:30:42 +0800, Mathias K?rber <> wrote: Would help if your links worked??? Error 404 – page not found . http://www.econoco.com/images/display/wbc_12_.jpg
1
1

Why is my heater fan on when the engine is not running?
This new or nearly new Citroen doesn't seem to have a marked Accessory position for the key. What I've been doing to save gas is turning the engine off and turning the key back on but stopping before...
15
15

Identify short hammer with angled faces
I found this at a yard sale. It is short and heavy, with angled faces that are smooth and circular. I couldn't find an exact image with a search. I speculate it might be for chipping scale or welding...
20
20

curtain rings "with clips and eyelets"
Does this mean you can remove just the clips, but leave the eyelets in place? have pleated curtains that I need to move to windows which have the more modern plain bar curtain rods. But the hooks in...
5
5

Damaged shower control valve threads
While repairing my Delta 600 series (1984) shower control valve, I used a Dremel to cut off its stuck trim ring. In doing this, I inadvertently ground a line across the valve thread. Can I still use...
2
2

Epoxy/glue for plastic auto engine lower cover?
What kind of epoxy or glue does anyone have experience with for plastic? Not sure of the type, poly?, it's the black plastic shield/cover that goes below a car engine. Cracked, piece missing, need an...
10
10

"Everything Affects Future Generations" Says Alyssa Milano
Alyssa Milano: "While education is a key factor in creating a brighter future, she added that we have to look at it holistically. "Everything affects future generations: the environment, healthcare,...
6
6