Subject Author Posted Replies

Reparing a sloping lawn
Hi folks, First off, for the home repair and gardens folks, the lawn groups don't seem to be active right now, so I hope this is close enough to the topics here. I've got this side yard (photo link...
15
15

What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigation setup?
This drip irrigation setup for a tomato garden is all chewed up: So I figured I'd replace it with something better. But what? One end is merely bent over and nailed to these boards: And, the other end...
87
87

how secure are Garage Doors?
is there anyway to access the garage door, from the front driveway, without having the garage door opener? marc
19
19

Why is this mansion in Syracuse NY so cheap? ($54,900)
I'm not the owner of this house or a real estate agent trying to make a sale, I just am curious why this mansion is only $54,900. This is a multi-family house with all the apartments rented. It's...
4
4

hot tub problem
I have a hot tub. Had it for 8 years now without problem until December 2012. (I run my hot tub all winter or should I say year round.) The power went off due to a winter storm. |It did not come back...
7
7

Pegasus fawcet model 891-0131
I have a Pegasus fawcet model 891-0131 which is leaking from the water hand valve (what is this called) as show here: How do I take this apart? Does anyone know anyone who repairs this for a...
2
2

Odor under kitchen sink
I had a plumber replace the ancient cast-iron pipe which was leaking stinky stuff through a very small hole -- which I didn't want to get any bigger. I had been catching the leakage in a vessel, but...
10
10

neighbor's fence partially on my property
The back yard neighbor has put up a fence that is 1 1/2" on my property. They have a survey. I also have a survey from the same surveyor. I showed them where the line was. But they went ahead and did...
235
235

Electrical Panel Wall Safe
This product will give P.L.L.C.F. and other anti-Constitution and Bill of Rights types life threatening seizures. I think it's very cool. ^_^ TDD...
12
12

Dryer Shutting Off
I just installed my daughter's electric dryer in her apartment. When it was previously removed from service, it worked fine. However, now when the dryer gets hot, it shuts off. Does that mean the...
16
16

Interesting video about Aluminum and Vinyl clad window problems
I was looking up some info on a problem with an aluminum clad sliding door that a friend has and ran across this video. Some fluff, some science... Interesting section on the cladding acting as an...
1
1

Just bought a chain saw today
When I make a big purchase, I mark Google's calendar with a yearly reminder so I can keep track of the warranty. I keep receipts in a folder I change every year when I do my taxes. I always wish the...
8
8

Sudden infestation with this yellow flowered low-leaved tall gangly plant
Anyone ever had an infestation of acres of these yellow plants? They seem to be taking over my otherwise barren dry hillsides: The plant has a strange-looking stalk: And very low-lying leaves: The...
97
97

On-Demand/Tankless Water Heater
Can a contractor or installer recommend a good brand...we only have 1.5 baths (using NG). Thanks!
9
9

plywood, hardboard or else
Hi I am trying to install dryer vent. I am going to mount the vent cap on basement window. I will cut the window screen and mount the cap on a piece of wood and then place it on the window. similar...
42
42