Subject Author Posted Replies

Fine crack in bathroom sink
Last year the bottom fell out of bathroom sink. A crack that had been there for years (some idiot dropped heavy object into sink) must finally have given way. Had new $ink in$talled. Few weeks later,...
7
7

Generator "cross over" switch installation costs
I know very little about this topic, including what the correct terminology is. And, this is mostly just a curiosity question on my part. But, I am curious as to what it roughly might cost for a...
37
37

Gasoline Shelf Life
I have a generator which I have never used - thank goodness! But I do cran k it up every month and make sure it's o.k. I need to buy gas for it -- an d I have several 2 1/2 gallon cans. I don't want...
21
21

Which of these 4 spots (2 on tire, 2 on wheel) are supposed to be lined up?
I'm confused - but I have an appointment tomorrow for tires to be mounted - and - I'm confused which two of the four dots should line up: Both documents below say US wheel manufacturers and tire...
139
139

This could be yours for only $190 million
The interior supposedly needs a bit of an update. Copper Beech Farm in Greenwich, Connecticut was put on the market back in May with an asking price of $190million.
1
1

standard track shelving: single-track brackets with screwholes
[ pls note and adhere to fup2 ! thanks ] Moin, I hope this is the correct group for this kind of question. I am looking to install standard two-track shelving in my home but would like to use single...
12
12

OT? bicycle tires
OT? bicycle tires 1) I thought, starrting about 1978, that bicycle tires had to have a reflective strip on each side, so the tires would show up in headlights. I've seen tires for sale without that....
9
9

What IS quality bamboo flooring?
I have pergo flooring in my living room, and I really don't like the fake, almost "plastic" feel of it and the slipperiness of it. I love how dark bamboo flooring looks and also appreciate the fact...
5
5

what kind of plywood is recommended for outside deck?
2x6 floor joist on 16 What is recommended for FINISH ON THE WOOD.
2
2

Mower runs for 10-15 minutes and then starts sputtering
I have a fair;y new mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine. The mower has always started reliably but this year it started sputtering right after st arting it. I checked the gas cap, fresh gas, clear...
9
9

Moldex?
Anyone here familiar with a product called Moldex (put out by Emvirocare)? Suggestions on it's use are sought, and any warnings that may apply. Attempting to treat molded wood where a pipe leaked...
4
4

Socket holders
I have this tool box: It's a real pain to search through all of the sockets in the red removable tray to find the needed socket. Do you have suggestions as to how I can organize the sockets better? I...
19
19

Water leak in threaded connectors
I am trying to replace the leaky water line to my evaporative cooler. I made an adapter to go from the male end of a water hose to the 1/4" copper line cooler connection. This worked with no problems...
12
12

Thinset & sand INSTEAD OF concrete?
Dear Readers, I've a 3/4 bag full of thinset that I'm not going to use. And I have mason's sand. And I've got to pour some footings for a small fence in my backyard. Can I mix the two and use instead...
5
5

OT Homeless
I just learned today that a friend of my nephew (who is staying with me) is homeless. The friend stayed here for 3 weeks before I blew a fuse and insisted that my nephew took him home. It was only...
41
41