Subject Author Posted Replies

Garage Floor Coatings
I am thinking about having an indoor concrete floor coated with either an epoxy coating or the ultimate floor by Rino Does anyone have any long term experience with either of these types of floor...
2
2

Pressure regulator for water to refrigerator
I have a problem with my refrigerator. I have extremely high water pressure and the filter in the refrigerator keeps popping. Then I have water dripping all over the place. So I just got a pressure...
19
19

OT, Any Star Trek Fans Out There?
Old Spock battles New Spock in the greatest car commercial ever made. Hey, we need something to laugh at every now and then. ^_^ TDD

nails or screws?
Hi I am going to use this type of siding for my front I am not sure what is the best way to install it, should I use nails or screws? what type? what size? I am thinking for 8x3 deck screw? Do I need...
21
21

Whirlpool GCQ9300EQ0 water level switch question.
This Whirlpool GCQ9300E0 washing machine has a broken water level switch. Something fell from a shelf above the machine and snapped off the shaft. I disassembled the control but removed a screw that...
5
5

How much would a typical plumbing job (gdu) cost?
In a recent thread, someone called a plumber to unclog a drain at a total cost of $50 which I find shocking. Given that I recently unclogged a shower stall of hair, replaced a garbage disposal unit,...
23
23

exterior grade paint for the inside of outside siding
Hi I am going to use this panel which exterior grade paint do you recommend to protect the siding from winter moisture from inside the house collecting on the back side of the new siding. I basically...
6
6

Quarter Pipe
As I was saying yesterday.... Jeff http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/ben/qpipe.html
5
5

Flow control through 1/4 tubing?
I have some 1/4" OD flexible plastic tubing I wish to control water flow though. All I can think of offhand is two large flat washers with a nut and bolt straddling it and squashing the line between...
16
16

treating ploywood just in case
Hi I had fake brick (faux brick) for the front of the house. They put the fake brick on the plywood without mesh or anything!! just the fake brick and ce ments. We removed all the bricks, now it is...
12
12

ez way to charge phone , ettc??
It says this costs only 15. Takes no extra space. I wonder if it wastes electrictiy all the time, or if it turns off when the doors are shut. (*) Newer Technology PWR2USB 15A Power2U AC+USB Wall...
5
5

Well Storage Tank Set-up and Installation
I purchased a home a couple years ago that was a foreclosure home. It is way out in the country and runs on a well system. The well is about 365 ft deep and has a 3HP 230V 60hz submersible pump set at...
22
22

Beware of "Deep Woods OFF" spray
I was sitting on my deck this am, under the umbrella, reading the newspaper when a bee started coming closer than I liked, ending up flying under the umbrella. My wife brought me our spray can of Deep...
5
5

Effect of high humidity on wood?
It's been hotter than Hades here in the Boston area for the past week, we broke the all time high temperature record on July 19th. And, the humidity has been so high that if we take something out of...
16
16

How to edge stone flooring at the wall's edge?
[note google has again goofed up my access to Usenet so I will not be able to respond timely] We have stone flooring that butts against the drywall. Not sure, but think the stone is over thin...
10
10