Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Gazebo Top Help
I recently purchased a gazebo and learned the top isn't very taunt and therefore, holds water on each 8th section (2 per side) after a rain, which you'll see from the outside here >>>> From the inside...
9
9

dumping a duplex (outlet)
I have need to get rid of a duplex outlet because it interferes with a cabinet install. The wall it's on is the interior of a block wall which means there is only 1 - 1.5" space between the block and...
9
9

Interior paint outside?
I'm trying to find the right exterior color for my house. In many cases, you can't get a small sample of the exterior solid stain or paint in the colors I'm interested in, it may only come in for...
3
3

Battery Warranties
Saturday July 27, 2013 Went to the shelf, and found some leaky batteries. The folks on alt surv will find this to be no surprise. Fire up the computer, and try to contact the three companies....
117
117

Backup, backup!
Saturday July 27, 2013 Last week, one of my computer programs wasn't working right. Short form, is that I find out MS doesn't support XP anymore, and I can't get the computer working the way it used...
164
164

Advice requested for the repair of 3 of 4 ceiling fans (perhaps remote controlled?)
I have three inoperative ceiling fans that I just don't understand. When I bought the house (foreclosure), there was only 1 remote control which operated only one of the four ceiling fans. That...
43
43

Mini Split opinion
I currently have a 3 ton Trane that is on it's last legs. We have 2 mini split systems in this house already, one just for our bedroom and one for an addition. I am seriously thinking about ditching...
9
9

ceiling fan down rod
Someone game me a ceiling fan that has a 24" down rod. I want to install this fan on my front porch but need a standard 3" down rod instead since the ceiling is only eight feet high. All I can find...
8
8

Rivet Removal?
One of the shocks snapped off my truck cap/shell rear window. The rivet heads popped off where it fastens on the frame around window. The rivet seems to go through the weather-strip in the frame and...
11
11

tool for joining garden hoses
Is there a tool for helping to join (i.e repair) 2 sections of garden hoses. Getting one side of plastic connector into one section is relatively easy but getting the other side into other piece far...
6
6

Overfilled the Engine oil in the Craftsman riding lawnmower
I overfilled the engine oil in the Craftsman 15 HP riding lawnmower by a couple of inches. The mower still works but there is oil leaking now below the engine oil fill tube probably at its o-ring...
10
10

Bug?
Can anyone identify this bug? (16k image) Thanks.
16
16

Interesting counter edge
We rented a house on Oregon last week and they had mica counter tops with a corian round over on the edges. It looked like a great compromise to eliminate that edge damage you frequently see in a mica...

hooking 10-2 wire to 20 amp receptace safe
This guy has the whole house wired with 10-2 wire. Will 10-2 stat tight on the Screws of standard outlets?
12
12

Coping and baseboard question
I want to install coping around my living room entry way and am running into some trouble. The room already has baseboard and quarter-round, including "around" the entryway --- ive mocked up an image...
11
11